Group G: GER POR GHA USA

limpid

Sulley Muntari and Kevin Prince Boetang have been kicked out of the Ghana squad.. Breaking news on Sky Sports website, no details yet.

Nicht so gut.

think Muntari slapped somebody from report I read

muntari slapped someone, boateng verbally abused the coach, think muntari was banned anyway

they've also had a row about how their bonuses are paid, think the FA has had to fly out $100,000 per player to their brazil hotel, which will be empty from around 5pm tonight  :ph34r:  

Muntari has (allegedly) been sent home for threatening somebody with a broken bottle :lol:

Man is crazy

Match may be on, but I don't see how fans are expected to get to the stadium. The flooding looked a bit more than just a few inches. Also saw a photo of the pitch, and it was not completely flooded, but it was holding a lot of water. Could see the ball getting stuck frequently.

GHANA SHOCK: BOATENG AND MUNTARI SUSPENDED

The pair have both featured in their country's FIFA World Cup campaign, but will now miss Ghana's final group game against Portugal on Friday morning (AEST) after being punished for alleged indiscipline.

Muntari has been handed an indefinite suspension by the nation's football body for what it describes as an "unprovoked physical attack on an executive committee member of the GFA and a management member of the Black Stars, Mr. Moses Armah, on Tuesday 24th June, 2014 during a meeting".

The Inter man has made 82 appearances for Ghana but his international career now appears to be over.

Schalke midfielder Boateng is also the subject of an indefinite suspension following a recommendation from coach Kwesi Appiah.

"The decision takes immediate effect," read a separate statement from the GFA.

"The decision was taken following Boateng's vulgar verbal insults targeted at coach Kwesi Appiah during the team's training session in Maceio this week.

"Boateng has since showed no remorse for his actions, which has resulted in the decision."

In quotes reported by Bild, Boateng protested his innocence, claiming he had been the subject of insults from Appiah.

"I asked him what he had against me? Then he started yelling at me. He insulted me," said Boateng.

"No one should believe that I insulted the coach. I will now travel home and I wish my colleagues all the best for the World Cup and the match against Portugal. "

The build-up to Ghana's final group game had already been disrupted by a row over the squad's appearance fees.

Ghana still has a chance of making the last 16 of the World Cup, but must claim victory against Portugal and hope Germany beats the United States, while also making up a goal-difference deficit.

nothing they could do logistically especially being last game of group stage especially with Germany having form in regards "fixing" final games

Edited by Zatman

:lol: behave!

england players get £2,000 per sponsor per game and i think there are 5 sponsors (?) although i think they donate it to charity, there's no payment directly from the FA as far as i know, but that shit mars advert, the money from that all goes in the pot, the FA own the image rights i think and then distributes it evenly as match bonuses, so with the money generated by the WC sponsors the bonuses will be higher, ghana and cameroon on $100k

agree that it shouldnt happen, joe hart as an example getting say £100k for playing in the world cup, he'll then also probably get a cap bonus from man city, say £5k per cap, a match bonus for his boots and gloves (which i think are umbro) say £5k again, then he's got the adverts for head and shoulders and doritos, say £5k cumulatively, and he's doing spray for hugo boss i think, £1k for that

so at a complete guess joe hart has earned around £125k for his 2 world cup games...

article-2669543-1F1F12EE00000578-372_634

...free Xbox!

:lol: behave!

england players get £2,000 per sponsor per game and i think there are 5 sponsors (?) although i think they donate it to charity, there's no payment directly from the FA as far as i know, but that shit mars advert, the money from that all goes in the pot, the FA own the image rights i think and then distributes it evenly as match bonuses, so with the money generated by the WC sponsors the bonuses will be higher, ghana and cameroon on $100k

agree that it shouldnt happen, joe hart as an example getting say £100k for playing in the world cup, he'll then also probably get a cap bonus from man city, say £5k per cap, a match bonus for his boots and gloves (which i think are umbro) say £5k again, then he's got the adverts for head and shoulders and doritos, say £5k cumulatively, and he's doing spray for hugo boss i think, £1k for that

so at a complete guess joe hart has earned around £125k for his 2 world cup games...

article-2669543-1F1F12EE00000578-372_634

...free Xbox!

That was part of the England team's rider I think. They read some of it out on the alternate commentary for the Belgium v Russia game. Can't find an article online for England but here are some others

World Cup Team Riders