Group G: GER POR GHA USA

limpid

Interesting stats. Kind of dispels the thought that Klose only got the record by playing more games and in more World Cups. He is actually more clinical than Ronaldo

_75719211_ad040eba-afda-4dd3-8914-3ea9df

This game is the only reason why Klose comes close to Ronaldo on the score charts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_FIFA_World_Cup_Group_E#Germany_vs_Saudi_Arabia

he only got a hat-trick though, not like he bagged half his tally against them.

Im happy for Klose he seems a good professional and hope he gets another as Ronaldo comments about hospitals were stupid enough for me to see his record taken

Sulley Muntari and Kevin Prince Boetang have been kicked out of the Ghana squad.. Breaking news on Sky Sports website, no details yet.

Nicht so gut.

think Muntari slapped somebody from report I read

Anybody else think "Guzan would have come out and caught that cross" ?

Tim Howard has been immense for us.

for me was worst player vs Portugal, made some good saves but they were usually danger he created for himself. even made a mess of a shot which luckily came off the post

Looking forward to these games, kind of wish this group finished at 9pm so I could watch these games. Will miss the first half. I think Germany and USA will advance. Ghana are a great side but there seems to be a few problems in their camp including a row over money - typical.

Sulley Muntari and Kevin Prince Boetang have been kicked out of the Ghana squad.. Breaking news on Sky Sports website, no details yet.

Nicht so gut.

muntari slapped someone, boateng verbally abused the coach, think muntari was banned anyway

they've also had a row about how their bonuses are paid, think the FA has had to fly out $100,000 per player to their brazil hotel, which will be empty from around 5pm tonight  :ph34r:  

Nicht so gut.

muntari slapped someone, boateng verbally abused the coach, think muntari was banned anyway

they've also had a row about how their bonuses are paid, think the FA has had to fly out $100,000 per player to their brazil hotel, which will be empty from around 5pm tonight  :ph34r:  

Why are internationals paid?

I thought playing for the national team was an honour and no wages were paid..

I don't think Ghana will go through, too much going on in their heads. This will be a shame because they bring so much to the world cup on and off the pitch. Easily my favourite African nation at this world cup.

Edited by Voinjama

:lol: behave!

england players get £2,000 per sponsor per game and i think there are 5 sponsors (?) although i think they donate it to charity, there's no payment directly from the FA as far as i know, but that shit mars advert, the money from that all goes in the pot, the FA own the image rights i think and then distributes it evenly as match bonuses, so with the money generated by the WC sponsors the bonuses will be higher, ghana and cameroon on $100k

agree that it shouldnt happen, joe hart as an example getting say £100k for playing in the world cup, he'll then also probably get a cap bonus from man city, say £5k per cap, a match bonus for his boots and gloves (which i think are umbro) say £5k again, then he's got the adverts for head and shoulders and doritos, say £5k cumulatively, and he's doing spray for hugo boss i think, £1k for that

so at a complete guess joe hart has earned around £125k for his 2 world cup games...