Group G: GER POR GHA USA

limpid

I think the honour of playing for your country - who themselves are living in vast poverty, should be overshadowing the £150,000 they were owed - especially because they're all professional players anyway, earning more at their clubs.

Disgusting behavior from the players.  They were my sweepstake team, but I'm glad they're out.

The players will only get 1 or 2 in their entire lives, and they're more concerned with their wallets - animals.

• Like 1

think Klinsmann deserves lot of credit. he stuck by his guns by not playing Donovan and has been richly rewarded. winnable game in next round could take them to quarters which would be brilliant achievement

their also very right sided team. Johnson does a lot for them on the right and don't have same on the left side. Think Joao Pereira will never have an easier game than he did vs USA on sunday

If I had just been given a substantial sum of money owed to me, I would probably be kissing it too.

'Owed' - yes, technically, but this is a World Cup. It should be an honour to play in one and to be honest, i'd do it for nothing. Its not as if the players are poor are they? Gyan earns about £100k per week tax free in the Middle East doesn't he? The players should donate the money to improving grass roots football in Ghana.

Cameroon were threatening to boycott the WC as well if they weren't paid. Eto'o obviously needs the extra cash.

Until attitudes change, African teams will never compete on the World Cup

I think the honour of playing for your country - who themselves are living in vast poverty, should be overshadowing the £150,000 they were owed - especially because they're all professional players anyway, earning more at their clubs.

Disgusting behavior from the players.  They were my sweepstake team, but I'm glad they're out.

The players will only get 1 or 2 in their entire lives, and they're more concerned with their wallets - animals.

yes-speech-bubble-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Like 1