Group G: GER POR GHA USA

limpid

Is it my imagination or are the refs getting in the way A LOT at this World Cup. I don't mean just blocking off Jermaine Jones in the USA game, I've seen it in several other matches. A bit annoying.

Think the conditions are forcing some of the referees to restrict their movement to just the central areas of the pitch, forcing them into the busier areas of the pitches.   There must be some heat maps out there!

Ridiculous cross with the outside of the boot for Ghana.  1-1.  Portugal's hopes over? 

Edit:

Commentary on BBC1  "And that equaliser is bad news for USA"

Commentary on BBC3 "That equaliser is good news for the USA".

Edited by CardiffGreens
  • Like 1

Ridiculous cross with the outside of the boot for Ghana.  1-1.  Portugal's hopes over? 

Edit:

Commentary on BBC1  "And that equaliser is bad news for USA"

Commentary on BBC3 "That equaliser is good news for the USA".

It's bad news.  Ghana had a better chance of eliminating the USA than Portugal did before kick off, Portugal needed a huge swing in goal difference, Ghana just need to win and hope the US loses. 

The leniency from the refs in this tournament is becoming a massive problem. It's obvious they've been told to keep the cards in their pockets but it just ends up with some games just having so little flow with all the cynical fouls the players are getting away with

Hope we don't sign that Eder guy. Injuries to Postiga and Almeida was not good for Portugal but they are not very good in other positions. Typical Sweden had them in the playoff when Ronaldo was in hysterical form.