gha.png GHA Ghana

usa.png USA United States

GER vs POR Mon 16 June 17:00 ITV

GHA vs USA Mon 16 June 23:00 BBC ONE

GER vs GHA Sat 21 June 20:00 BBC ONE

GHA vs USA Sun 22 June 23:00 BBC ONE

POR vs GHA Thu 26 June 17:00 BBC ONE

USA vs GER Thu 26 June 17:00 BBC ONE

USA looked much better organized against Nigeria than they have all along. Now idea what kinsman told them was the set up, but they played like a 4-2-1-3. Very strange, but it seemed to work pretty well. They got width from the wingbacks and or one of the front three. The front three were very fluid with Jozy more forward than Clint, and bedoya just popping up anywhere.

If kilnsmann. Keeps a back 4 with two holding in front of them, we might just be able to pull a clean sheet or two, It all kinda fell apart when he changed it up by inserting a third center back. Nigeria played free forwards, but couldn't do anything. Nigeria should have probably shifted and tried to attack more from the wings.

The interviewers and announcers really wanted Jozy to express how happy and relieved he was to get off his duck, but he wouldn't go for it. his line was that he'd always been confident, felt he was doing well and the team played really well today and gave him some nice chances, there was no great tension or despair from which he needed relieved. The wrap up pundit completely ignored his answer and just pretended he gave them the story line they wanted.

I still don't think we'll get out of the group, but if can keep clean sheets, we always have a chance.

This is probably the toughest group to call, I don't think Germany are that good especially if they play the shitty strikerless system plus the Reus injury. They will still get through but think it will not be as easy for them.

I can actually see Ghana or USA separating the 2 european teams

USA looked much better organized against Nigeria than they have all along. Now idea what kinsman told them was the set up, but they played like a 4-2-1-3. Very strange, but it seemed to work pretty well. They got width from the wingbacks and or one of the front three. The front three were very fluid with Jozy more forward than Clint, and bedoya just popping up anywhere.

I think it more closely resembled the old 4-3-2-1 "Christmas Tree" formation we used to trot out a while back. I agree that it seemed to work quite well. Beckerman holding things down in the midfield freed up Jermaine Jones to play one of his best matches in a U.S. shirt.

iGMUyh5.png

I wouldn't be surprised if USA advances. They are on good form. Plus it's the world cup so who knows what'll happen?

Germany tends to struggle in the group stages. They start slow but pick up speed.

How funny would it be if Portugal and Germany don't advance from this group? Although I just don't think this Ghana team has the quality to advance.

So Ghana warmed up with a 4-0 win over South Korea. 

When you look at their team, they have quite a few good players, Kwadwo Asamoah, Kevin Prince-Boateng, Munatari, Andre Ayew, Jordan Ayew, Gyan, Christian Atsu.. I think they may surprise a few people.

Edited by AVFCforever1991

It's in Nike Brazil - Ronaldo will be required in the latter stages. I can't see anything but Portugal and Germany in this one. I actually think this is one of the more straightforward groups. 

but surely the Adidas sponsored tournament wouldn't allow it ;)