Group A: BRZ CRO MEX CMR

limpid

Went to bed just before half time and woke up to find out it was 4-0. I did not expect that. Cameroon are terrible and overly aggressive. Another poor world cup for African teams.

Edited by Voinjama

Another poor world cup for African teams.

4 out of 5 of them still have two group matches to play...

Well, yes, but I think a prediction that only Ivory Coast will reach the second round looks pretty safe. 

• Like 1

I think they'll beat the Croats.

I think being on their home continent, playing in the only world cup their players will experience of doing, in front of their amazing fans, will go a long way.

As you said, they're hard to beat and have enough going forward to hurt teams.

Unless Ratikic and Modric have incredible games, I think Mexico will win, plus an extra days rest.

I think being on their home continent, playing in the only world cup their players will experience of doing, in front of their amazing fans, will go a long way.

Unless Ratikic and Modric have incredible games, I think Mexico will win, plus an extra days rest.

Mexico isn't in South America :)

Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Like 3

Haha, quite right! :)

Still, lots of fans though, similar climate, is what I was trying to say! :D

CALA region at work (Canada, Central American and Latin America) will be ashamed of me :(

• Like 1

CALA region at work (Canada, Central American and Latin America) will be ashamed of me :(

There are five continents, and America is one.

• Like 1

Depends on where you went to school and how you look at it

The seven-continent model is usually taught in China, India, parts of Western Europe and most English-speaking countries

The six-continent combined-Eurasia model is preferred by the geographic community, Russia, Eastern Europe, and Japan.

The six-continent combined-America model is used in Spanish-speaking countries, and in some parts of Europe including Greece (equivalent 5 inhabited continents model – i.e. excluding Antarctica – still also found in texts).

Using this latter model as a starting point, the Association of National Olympic Committees uses only inhabited continents (excluding Antarctica) and thus a five-continent model as depicted in the logo of the ANOC.

• Like 3

'Latin America' then :)

Depends on where you went to school and how you look at it

The seven-continent model is usually taught in China, India, parts of Western Europe and most English-speaking countries

The six-continent combined-Eurasia model is preferred by the geographic community, Russia, Eastern Europe, and Japan.

The six-continent combined-America model is used in Spanish-speaking countries, and in some parts of Europe including Greece (equivalent 5 inhabited continents model – i.e. excluding Antarctica – still also found in texts).

Using this latter model as a starting point, the Association of National Olympic Committees uses only inhabited continents (excluding Antarctica) and thus a five-continent model as depicted in the logo of the ANOC.

This is the kind of information I like to read with my morning coffee.

The African countries have brought nothing to this world cup so far.

There has been no progression with them in the last 20-24 years. Cameroon in 90 were great and Nigeria were decent in 94. Since then there has only really been Ghana in 2010 that put up a decent go of things. They have the ability to produce players, just not work as a team

• Like 1