mex.png MEX Mexico

cmr.png CMR Cameroon

BRZ vs CRO Thu 12 June 21:00 ITV
MEX vs CAM Fri 13 June 17:00 ITV
BRZ vs MEX Tue 17 June 20:00 BBC ONE
CMR vs CRO Wed 18 June 23:00 ITV
CMR vs BRZ Mon 23 June 21:00 ITV
CRO vs MEX Mon 23 June 21:00 ITV

Cameroon players are refusing to board the plane to Brazil because of a row over the payment of bonuses. I can think of 5 instances in the past where African teams have had disputes about bonuses at the World Cup. Very disappointing. Brazil and Mexico from this group.

I'm sure the Cameroon players will get enough money thrown at them to go but it would be interesting what would happen if they didn't go. I would expect we'd just have a 3 team group but how would that work with the last 2 games of each group having to be played simultaneously to avoid any fixes?

Didn't Nigeria do something similar before the confederations cup last year?

Not sure what to think, part of me doesn't like that players who are by and large already incredibly well paid by their clubs want prize money for the WC but on the other hand I'd be unhappy with our FA if they pocketed money from the WC

Any money made from the tournament should be pumped in to football infrastructure in Cameroon really IMO

Maybe Neymar. Neymar is amazing when he plays for Brazil, but average for Barcelona, because he hasn't adapted to the European League yet. For the sake of this world cup we need Brazil to do well from the start. If they go out before the semi it will be crap for the tournament itself.