Lallana

Oxlade Chamberlain

Sterling

Rooney

Welbeck

Sturridge

Lambert

standby: Ruddy, C.Davies, Flanagan, Cole, Barry, A.Johnson, Defoe

Think Kyle Walker will miss out, struggle with his injuries. Perhaps won't be back for Spurs before season end and he haven't played for a while, poorly with low fitness in his games prior to that as well.

That's almost exactly the team I'd take as well but I'd have Carrick instead of Huddlestone and Cole instead of Shaw.

Foster should not be selected, turned his back in England before, should not be given a second chance. With Forster as number 2, it would be better to take Butland for experience anyway.

Flanagan should get the call if walker is injured.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Carroll go.

A quarters would be a success this tournament no question.

I think it's lazy when people criticise Hodgson for giving youth a chance, he's given a ridiculous number of young players caps in his two years in charge, probably too many.

Although I'll be on here criticising him as much as anyone if Lampard and Carrick are in the squad with Gerrard on Monday. I doubt it anyway. He realises the there is a need for youth and in fairness likes of Lallana, Barkley and Sterling all deserve places in the squads for their performance levels this season.

• Like 2

Can't see us getting out the group if I'm honest.

Hart, Forster, Ruddy.

Johnson, Walker, Smalling, Jones, Cahill, Jagielka, Cole, Baines.

Milner, Carrick, Gerrard, Barkley, Wilshere, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Welbeck, Rooney, Sturridge, Sterling, Lambert.

Apologies put Lallana in for Walker

He'd be a far, far better choice than Gerrard in defensive midfield imo.

For that reason I hope Engerland pick Gerrard :P

On Sky Sports News they were just discussing how we have to take Carrick as there is no other holding/defensive midfielder out there we could use as back-up for Gerrard.

Not sure if serious.

His infamous slip was a good example of why Gerrard is not a defensive midfielder, and that isn't his fault, it's just not his game. A player like Biscuits would not have let the ball roll across his body if there was striker on his shoulder. He's (most of the time) good in Liverpool's system because he's usually not asked to break up play. England will need a player to break up play, because they will be defending a lot more than Liverpool.

• Like 1