England squad World Cup 2014

andykeenan

rooney of the rovers...

wants to be a striker but he wants to come get the ball of the centre backs too

give him the suarez role in liverpools formation, worst thing we can do IMO is play with wide men and then rooney in the middle, especially if its sturridge or welbeck on the left wing, absolutely no balance

unfortunately i dont think we can not play him, like you say he's one of the few who could actually do something if he turned up

Yes Sturridge, Sterling and Rooney for Suarez..., Gerrard and Henderson in midfield, It will be like watching Liverpool.... :)

Yep with then chamberlain, wilshere, lallana and Barkley all fighting it out for coutinhos role

Push sterling and lallana up buzzing around pirlo in the first game, put him under and get in to him!

Or play 3 in the middle, 2 out wide and let him run the show from deep again...

• Like 1

I'd play sterling behind a front two of Rooney and sturridge.

I'm unsure as to how I'd set up the rest of the team up though. Probably narrow with lallana, Henderson and Gerrard.

Baines, Cahill, jagielka and Johnson (I guess) at the back.

Me in goal

Edited by Stevo985

Hart

Johnson Jagielka Cahill Baines

Gerrard 

Wilshere      Henderson

Barkley

Sturridge  Rooney

Who needs width!

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

Im pleased withe the selection, except the defence. Feel caulker and Davis deserved a lookin. Also even tho I don't like him would have liked to see Carroll In the squad, other teams don't know how to deal with him.

Hart

Johnson Jagielka Cahill Baines

Gerrard 

Wilshere      Henderson

Barkley

Sturridge  Rooney

Who needs width!

Barkley and Lallana are playing for the same place in my teams. I pick Lallana but wouldn't hesitate to go with Barkley if he's on better form.

Narrow

keeper.png
Hart

home.png
Johnson
home.png
Jagielka
home.png
Cahill
home.png
Baines
home.png
Wilshere

home.png
Gerrard
home.png
Lallana
home.png
Rooney

home.png
Lambert
home.png
Sturridge

Width

keeper.png
Hart

home.png
Jones
home.png
Jagielka
home.png
Cahill
home.png
Baines
home.png
Wilshere

home.png
Gerrard
home.png
Sterling

home.png
Lallana

home.png
Ox

home.png
Rooney

Edited by Con

At no point should Lambert be starting, imo.

Ok as an option from the bench. But starting up front in the world cup>? No, not for me.

I think he would be a more reliable performer than Rooney.

More consistent, maybe.

But that doesn't mean better.

Lambert plays against better-than Costa Rica / Uruguay defences every week.

Against Italy I wouldn't start him. I'd go for width. Sterling, Ox, Rooney (or Sturridge). Very fast.

Hart

Johnson - Cahill - Jagielka - Baines

Gerrard

Henderson

Lallana

Sterling

Sturridge - Rooney

With lallana's place still up for grabs, all the others are pretty much nailed on IMO if roy does anything other than play liverpools formation or partner gerrard and henderson in the middle i wont be happy

no point in going for proper width if you are going to play midfielders / strikers as wingers and then a striker who likes to roam in the middle, so forget playing sterling and sturridge out wide and rooney in the middle

Jones justifies his position with his versatility. I think it's always worth having a player like that in the squad.

I'd be a bit nervous about Stones because of his inexperience, but I said the same about Rooney in 2004 so what the **** do I know?

defence is a bit different than forward for playing youth players. he has potential but he has made a few mistakes in the league that would be punished in the World Cup

Just seen the spain 30 man provisonal squad. Really puts into perspective how bad ours is.  much talent Spain have.

Whichever 7 don't make their squad would walk into ours.

Fixed.

Spain having an amazing squad does not make our squad bad.

And Torres and Villa wouldn't get in the England squad.

And let's not forget that Spain's centre forward is not even Spanish - he's Brazilian.

At least we are using only English players.

Welbeck or Villa or Lambert or Torres. players that have done it in big games over the new Heskey or a plodding journeyman. England would bite for either of them 2 in their squad

Just seen the spain 30 man provisonal squad. Really puts into perspective how bad ours is.  much talent Spain have.

Whichever 7 don't make their squad would walk into ours.

Fixed.

Spain having an amazing squad does not make our squad bad.

And let's not forget that Spain's centre forward is not even Spanish - he's Brazilian.

At least we are using only English players.

Wasn't Sterling born in Kingston, Jamaica? ;)

Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Like 3

I would take David Villa or Torres over Welbeck. Wouldn't drop Lambert for either of them.

Not convinced by the Spanish team this World Cup. So many World Class players in midfield but they all lack power and pace. Also, how great is the Spanish defence - I mean, at defending?

Since the last World Cup the tiki-taka style has been found out. Teams will defend deep and score tackle-goals - nick the ball of their defenders and break with pace, that sort of thing.