New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

5 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

Detail presumably not on option 2 because the lion is too small and detail will get lost.

This was part of my reasoning for voting option 1 (which I prefer either way tbh) but I have noticed just watching the vote video back again that the more detailed lion is being used alongside option 2 in some contexts where it might appear larger (eg. Villa Live wall) and/or without the circle.

Yes - having voted earlier there is additional info provided which confirms that the more detailed lion will still be used outside of the badge.

Neither really grab me but have gone for option 2. At least it is a new design, rather than just retreading the past.  The round will win it though.  Don't particularly like the Aston Villa graphic on badge 2 and flipping the lion the reverse way just looks odd. Given the current history, expect a  redesign in about 5 years, and another expensive fan consultation in about 10.

26 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Completely agree. Got no animosity toward Ellis, but it feels time to honour what is probably our most important manager.

I'd argue it's strange timing to finally acknowledge Dr Venglos' contribution to Aston Villa, but each to their own

Propably the best known Polish graphic designer who specializes in creating and redesigning sport logos said about the options that in the first one the shield didn't match to the lion. I asked him about this, he replied that the lion paws didn't have even distances to the shield's edges. Also that the lion had a lot of details while the shield was simple. He understood the graphic dillemas, because he had created a similar crest (see it here), but he had tried to arrange elements on the crest more precisely. Nevertheless he would choose that option, because the round crest was just to similar to other crests in PL.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rooster85 said:

Propably the best known Polish graphic designer who specializes in creating and redesigning sport logos said about the options that in the first one the shield didn't match to the lion. I asked him about this, he replied that the lion paws didn't have even distances to the shield's edges. Also that the lion had a lot of details while the shield was simple. He understood the graphic dillemas, because he had created a similar crest (see it here), but he had tried to arrange elements on the crest more precisely. Nevertheless he would choose that option, because the round crest was just to similar to other crests in PL.

I’m sure some things are important but I do think a lot of these designers are overthinking…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Galway Lion said:

Just seen the stand alone lion option which was alleged third option. It’s clearly the best option in my opinion but the focus group dropped it !

That pains me. Such an obvious best choice in terms of style, utility, uniqueness, ferocity, and instead we are going to get a generic round football badge. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Spoony said:

That pains me. Such an obvious best choice in terms of style, utility, uniqueness, ferocity, and instead we are going to get a generic round football badge. 

As much as I like the round badge, this would have been the very best for me. Wish we had at least been able to consider/vote on it.

Edited by His Name Is Death

Changed my mind on looking at both options when directly compared to others. Went for the gas lamp choice. The round badge is too similar to others, but also, I feel it’s time to some extent to move on from 1981-2. Yes it was amazing we won things, won things other big clubs still haven’t, but it was 40 years ago…..I doubt you hear Preston or acrington Stanley singing about the glory days of 1892 or pining their present to the past in the way we do as a fan base. It’s time to move forward, to create the victories of the future and ‘park’ our history to a degree. The players and fans of now need the space to do this and keeping a badge style from that era in a very small way, squeezes this space just a little. IMHO 

10 hours ago, rooster85 said:

Now I wish we had a dragon