New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

What about a square tennis style badge like Tommy Hilfiger style? 

Obviously this is complete crap and done on my phone as quick as possible but if someone could do a cleaner/sharper more professional version with more accurate colours I’d like to see it even if I suspect it may end up as plop as this lol

spacer.png

44 minutes ago, burchy said:

They need to bin off the AVFC though surely as a lot has been made of our unique name and yet the current badge doesn’t even mention it. 

I think the FC goes for sure.

It'll either focus on AV and the symmetry that can provide (like the Diamond mockup).

Or there'll be a full Aston Villa on it.

FC goes though, focusses on the 'unique, symmetrical' name they've highlighted, it's more consumer friendly abroad. It's cleaner

image.gif.5dd49e186f605097ccc112bd83ef79f5.gif

4 hours ago, StuL said:

spacer.pngspacer.pngThe font is a little off.

What are you making it on? if photoshop, create a circle shape with no fill or stroke so you have a path, then when you select the type tool click on the path (when you hover it will show a little circle around the type tool). Your text will follow the path without stretching the individual letters.

3 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

People, good efforts all of you but can the lion always be yellow please. 

Well done dumbass, listening to your own advice……..

spacer.png

Credit to @StuL for the crest part. 

Edited by Ingram85

Played around a bit more. I really really like the second badge as a modern tribute to the past. The first one I went 80/90’s with full on yellow but the white text breaks it up a bit and keeps the colour choices in line with what we have now. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

On 09/08/2022 at 11:22, Ingram85 said:

^^^^^

**** hell that is shite isn’t it 🤣

I actually quite liked it tbh, it may not be the best graphic work ever but the concept is solid. It's different for us without being wild, and yet still has the key elements. 

7 hours ago, a m ole said:

What are you making it on? if photoshop, create a circle shape with no fill or stroke so you have a path, then when you select the type tool click on the path (when you hover it will show a little circle around the type tool). Your text will follow the path without stretching the individual letters.

I used an old app on the PC called Paint Shop Pro. I did similar to what you suggested. I used the ellipse tool then ran the text along it. I'm not great at using it tbh.

Not a proposal for a new permanent badge, but next season will include our 150th anniversary, so it would be cool to have a one off badge next season to commemorate that. My photoshop skills aren't great but I quickly put together this rough one based off of what seems to be our first ever badge. Then perhaps the new permanent one could be a stylised version of it.

image.png.92a0b5b404dad2ee850f96d1930e8e22.png

Also want a half and half kit next year for it too, or hoops, with an all black away shirt.

3 hours ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Not a proposal for a new permanent badge, but next season will include our 150th anniversary, so it would be cool to have a one off badge next season to commemorate that. My photoshop skills aren't great but I quickly put together this rough one based off of what seems to be our first ever badge. Then perhaps the new permanent one could be a stylised version of it.

image.png.92a0b5b404dad2ee850f96d1930e8e22.png

Also want a half and half kit next year for it too, or hoops, with an all black away shirt.

Lion good, everything else not good.

On 07/08/2022 at 10:29, burchy said:

Bored (again)

C306FFC8-FE29-48F6-881B-D1C8FAB3B708.thumb.jpeg.d16b18a6b16b05395b9f70a836c0892a.jpeg

LOVE the shape of the lion. Should be gold though.

I like the 1874. Don't like the stuff under the lion.

I like the stout shape of the badge.

Don't like the font of Aston Villa.

Edited by maqroll