New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, useless said:

Something like this would look cool 150501-logo-1968-1993.jpgbut Villa

150501-logo-primary.jpg

2015-Present

The centerpiece of the new brand is the new Buck emblem. The new Buck is only looking ahead, an imposing figure determined and focused on the path in front of him. Several features chronicle the transformation of the team into an undeniable force:

1. An expanded rack (from 8 to 12 points) showing the maturation of the Buck, and underlining the point that he has become an even greater force.
  2. The basketball feature in the negative space between the antlers.
  3. The M Shape within the chest chevron as an homage to Milwaukee
  4. With hard edges that appear almost cut from metal, and industrial but classic proprietary font juxtaposed against the curvature of the logo represents a symbolic union of urban and rural Wisconsin.

Some good ideas there, I wonder if Las Vegas Villains will use the same badge

If we could get the lion tearing the buck to pieces. 

• Haha 1

Eye of the beholder and all that, but I'm just surprised that anyone can look at these side by side, and see a beautiful high contrast gold lion on claret, or claret lion on blue and think "nah, a nice washed out pale yellow smudge on pale blue is the way to go". It's the biggest problem with our current badge,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Enda said:

Few years back I worked for a company that got brand consultants in. Cost about €12,000. Villa’s will cost more, maybe ten times as much, but we need to remember even that’s only a week’s wages for Danny Ings.

But what about the cost of changing from the old badge to the new one all around VP/BMH. It just seems pointless to me, but perhaps that is because I’m ok with the existing badge - I don’t love it, but it doesn’t offend me like it does others.

I personally think if you can’t distinguish yellow from sky blue and aren’t already aware you’re colourblind you need your eyes checked 😁 a very minor adjustment of the exact colours there would make a big difference, I mocked that up 30 or so pages ago.

Also interesting that there’s a sentiment that yellow on blue isn’t discernible enough for a badge from a distance, but there’s also a sentiment that the 11 character spacings of ASTON VILLA is better than the 4 of AVFC…

3 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

This highlights one if the issues for me. We have three colours, one of which is the background of the shirt. The other two which are reasonably close in terms of contrast. On our current badge the lion is hard to distinguish against the background. In the above images, the lion is clear on the top badge but the name isn't, on the lower badge the lion is less clear (although still better than our current badge) but the name is clearer.

I still think there must be another approach to resolve this - maybe use less blue and more yellow? Or just drop the circle/badge entirely?

but we are claret and blue team! not claret, blue and yellow team! 

I understand the use of yellow but it should be used sparingly.

20 hours ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

This is probably the best one i've seen so far, but i'd hope we get something a little less generic in terms of composition, but i'd be very happy if we went with this.

It mainly works because blue and gold don't touch, so you get both colours contrasting well with the darker claret.

• Like 2

Thinking out loud here and not advocating. If they were to modernise the badge and  remove the rampant lion how would that go down? Bored and thinking of what we could replace it with in the digital age yet retain heritage … Not suggesting these but wanted to start a discussion 

FD7B7135-4815-4D39-A27F-FE3B5D75D2E1.jpeg

EB9D0FE6-6C16-400B-9359-431A3569B0F5.jpeg

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, a m ole said:

no silliness in this post now -

Let’s sharpen up the 70s lion because it’s **** cool and give it a relief etching like on the current rubber badges or the detailed stitched one from the UA kit - similar to the Dutch national side lion which is also **** cool, and use it in gold with AVFC or no lettering at all on the kits. I tried the full name, it really doesn’t work well unless it’s tiny.

v3.jpg

If we have to have the full name for Twitter profile picture or letter heads or whatever then switch to this

image.jpeg.e1f1151af1a50d370c58dba03fc8ffe1.jpeg

Job done, £500,000 pls Villa.

Best thing posted in the thread. I wanna see this on some kits.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, useless said:

Something like this would look cool 150501-logo-1968-1993.jpgbut Villa

150501-logo-primary.jpg

2015-Present

The centerpiece of the new brand is the new Buck emblem. The new Buck is only looking ahead, an imposing figure determined and focused on the path in front of him. Several features chronicle the transformation of the team into an undeniable force:

1. An expanded rack (from 8 to 12 points) showing the maturation of the Buck, and underlining the point that he has become an even greater force.
  2. The basketball feature in the negative space between the antlers.
  3. The M Shape within the chest chevron as an homage to Milwaukee
  4. With hard edges that appear almost cut from metal, and industrial but classic proprietary font juxtaposed against the curvature of the logo represents a symbolic union of urban and rural Wisconsin.

Some good ideas there, I wonder if Las Vegas Villains will use the same badge

From the googles:

Dr4j2VDWwAEjs6n.png

• Thanks 2

Lion without circle or shield looks very good, but once you add the circle around the rampant lion it and all the other round badges look like a lame inferior copies of the old round badge.

The trouble is as good as the rampant lion looks without a circle or shield around it, like that there isn't really anything that makes it unique to us, as it would basically be the lion from the Cheseal and Scotland badge.

This was important take away from my last post 'The new Buck is only looking ahead, an imposing figure determined and focused on the path in front of him', I wouldn't be surprised if they did something similar with us, change the Lion so it's looking ahead, but it's hard to make that unique as there are so many other companies that have logo featuring a lion facing outward.

Netherlands have the Lion in a shield but because the the shield is the same color as the rest of the shirt you can only see the Lion when it's on the shirt.

netherlands-football-team-logo-99AD54AC2

Maybe something like that could work for us, but with a claret shield and golden lion.

• Like 3