$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I bet it will be like a scene out of reservoir dog's at the restaurant with clandestine names like Mr Pink & Mr Orange squabbling over the virtues of tipping the waitress. If Mr Orange confirms that he never tips ever then I can reveal Mr Orange to be Doug Ellis. Who is Mr Pink though? Surely that is the most intriquing?

& what about Mr White & Mr Blue?

Get ready to renew those season tickets all!!

Please embellish...

Sorry, I tried to type the same sentence with lots of flourishes and fancy symbols and crap.... but when it comes to this text editor, I suck.

Edited by srsmithusa
  • Like 1

I bet it will be like a scene out of reservoir dog's at the restaurant with clandestine names like Mr Pink & Mr Orange squabbling over the virtues of tipping the waitress. If Mr Orange confirms that he never tips ever then I can reveal Mr Orange to be Doug Ellis. Who is Mr Pink though? Surely that is the most intriquing?

& what about Mr White & Mr Blue?

Nah PF has to be Mr Orange surely? With Randy and Lambert fighting over who is Mr Grey?

If he was to simply say goodbye to Faulkner and Lamber, that means there is a 100% buyer. 

If the club is just 'for sale' then I dont see how we could not be fully preparaing for the next season.

If its 'just for sale', then lerner could be here for the next few years.

I think the expected issue is that Lamberts preparation for a new season - will conflict with Lerners cost cutting - so a parting of the waves is highly likley based on that.

Surely that means Moses will be there too then?

• Like 2

Lots of people made good money on Houllier but lots of people lost money on OGS!

Yeah but that was very very close though. I remember the odds plummeted from 25/1 to something like 2/1 in about an hour because tons of people (myself included) on here were chucking money on him.
Ah the good old days.  I remember being so gutted that we didn't get OGS and got PL.  Looking at it now seems we could've done without either of them.

OGS would have won me several thousand pounds.

The fact that PL's odds went right out and I laid off on him ensured that I didn't lose money.

I reckon that if I had won the several thousand, I would have witnessed more home victories these last two seasons so, on balance, OGS would have been the best pick!

I find the comment about wishing we had OGS bizarre. He's done utterly woeful with Cardiff (who have a decent squad with some quality). If you gave me the choice to go back in time and change him for Lambert knowing what I know now I 100% would not.

No wish, just a comment that I would have scored some dough, and we would, most likely, have won more home games in the last two seasons under OGS, on the basis that I doubt whether any one could have a worse home record than Lambert.

What is bizarre is judging a manager who was dropped into raging fire, with the arsonist owner continuing to poor petrol on the flames, in comparison with a guy who has had two pre-seasons and a reasonable chunk of money to spend.

And no, I do not want OGS to be our next manager.

• Like 1

If he was to simply say goodbye to Faulkner and Lamber, that means there is a 100% buyer.

If the club is just 'for sale' then I dont see how we could not be fully preparaing for the next season.

I think the expected issue is that Lamberts preparation for a new season - will conflict with Lerners cost cutting - so a parting of the waves is highly likley based on that.

And Katrina's bass player and drummer, but not that bastard guitarist.

• Like 1

I think the expected issue is that Lamberts preparation for a new season - will conflict with Lerners cost cutting - so a parting of the waves is highly likley based on that.

I can't SEA it myself

Apparently not. Something to do with him being a bit of a basket case I think.

I'd be very surprised if an entire restaurant was closed for 3 people to have a meeting.

Must keep calm, must keep calm.

Kababish in Sutton closed one Sunday evening when Robbie Williams turned up and asked them to do so.

That's why I have never been there since.

This thread will go down in the hall of fame of threads.

Can I just ask why Lerner possibly or possibly not closing a restaurant to have a meeting is news.  We know Lambert and Faulkner have flown out to see him.  Why is the location so important?

This thread will go down in the hall of fame of threads.

Can I just ask why Lerner possibly or possibly not closing a restaurant to have a meeting is news.  We know Lambert and Faulkner have flown out to see him.  Why is the location so important?

They are assuming that potential new owners will be at the restaurant.