$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I heard more information,

There are few terms that is still being negotiated which hasn't been agreed yet (not the price which is agreed apparently). Other than that everything seems going good.

It might also be a group of 3 or 4 partners. With Al-Baltan having most of it. A little bit less than 50%.

If I heard something more I will say it here later.

Unless this all happened over the past 4 days, it simply isn't true.

He knows Al Baltan, or someone close to him, so I'd assume if he's saying this is new then it's very likely in the last few days

I heard more information,

There are few terms that is still being negotiated which hasn't been agreed yet (not the price which is agreed apparently). Other than that everything seems going good.

It might also be a group of 3 or 4 partners. With Al-Baltan having most of it. A little bit less than 50%.

If I heard something more I will say it here later.

Unless this all happened over the past 4 days, it simply isn't true.

He knows Al Baltan, or someone close to him, so I'd assume if he's saying this is new then it's very likely in the last few days

Abdul has been posting that story for a couple of weeks now. Surley if a price had been agreed more than one person in Saudi would have heard of it !

Can't take this one seriously myself.

• Like 1

Hippo - I don't doubt that you get told your info by somebody and any ITK is appreciated.

However in the past you said Lambert would definitely be leaving and that Randy would be reaffirming his commitment to the club in his statement.

So bearing those two bits of info in mind I'd say all ITK is to be treated in the same way right now, i.e good fun but with a pinch of salt.

Unless Hairyhands returns that is!

• Like 3

exploration of overseas markets is in the very early stages

That simply can't be true, because Abdul has heard details of a deal being done in what can only be described as an overseas market.

exploration of overseas markets is in the very early stages

That simply can't be true, because Abdul has heard details of a deal being done in what can only be described as an overseas market.

Unless of course Abduls intel isn't correct.

Still if we have gone from no interest - to a price being agreed in a matter of days - we shouldn't have long to wait, Unless Abdul uncovers some sort of stalling point in negiotiations ;)  ;)

Overseas markets? The US is overseas! I'm sure Randy isn't that bothered of the nationality of the new owners just they can match his asking price. Seeing as BOA and Keith Harris are apparently trying to find new owners I'm sure there's been interest and not all of those are passed on to Randy as all,he wants to know is concrete offers not speculation like us. Hopefully we have a couple of serious bidders and we will pick the best one for us long term.

AT this point i just want some solid reliable owners who will run us right, having the next City owner would be nice but unlikely.

Just someone who will get us sorted, enable us to offer our current decent players new contracts and get us on the rung to being a solid premier league team, mid-table would be nice currently...

• Like 1

If the Saudi guys are for real Randy's not likely to start telling people all about it given the press haven't heard a thing about it.

True - but you could say the same at the Saudi end.

I am sure everyone wants to keep it tight - but I beleive if we get to price agreed stage some of the bigger media outlets would have picked up on it - Outside this forum Abduls story hasn't gained any traction whats so ever.

Next season is going to be the season we drop down.

Seems no one sees us as attractive as we all hoped for.

Another season of lambert and Lerner is something my body, mind and soul cannot take.

Each passing day. Each passing week. The less info we get of potential new owners the more worried I am.

Would'nt be at all surprised to see one or two latecomers throw their hats into the ring once a possible deal looks to be going down. I believe there could be interest from the US, but only passing at this point. If the Saudis, for instance, do put the cash on the table, it could possdibly start a bit of a 'who's richer than thee' battle. 

I think there really might be something in this Joshua Harris link mainly based on this tweet from Matt Law back on the 14th May:

@preston76 Hi Michael, do you have an email address I can contact you on?

https://twitter.com/Matt_Law_DT/status/466585979462365184

@Preston76 is Michael Preston. Michael is the Director of Public Relations for Philadelphia 76ers who are owned by Joshua Harris & David S Blitzer amongst others.

This would tie in with the claims in the media that talks have been ongoing for a number of weeks.

Edited by niblot

I don't think so, just a journalist trying to get an interview.

Over a month before Joshua Harris' name was mentioned in the media? I can't see any other reason my Matt Law would be trying to get an interview with the PR bloke from a random NBA team.

I don't think so, just a journalist trying to get an interview.

Over a month before Joshua Harris' name was mentioned in the media? I can't see any other reason my Matt Law would be trying to get an interview with the PR bloke from a random NBA team.

Without getting carried away - the very original story was 2 USA Billionaires - so it would fit in with that and the fact that the name has now cropped us twice [although it could be from the same tweet!]  - maybe there is a very small glimmer here.....!!!

Edited out because my point has been made better below. For the sake of putting something here about the takeover though I've got a feeling something will happen in September.

Edited by useless

I think there really might be something in this Joshua Harris link mainly based on this tweet from Matt Law back on the 14th May:

@preston76 Hi Michael, do you have an email address I can contact you on?

https://twitter.com/Matt_Law_DT/status/466585979462365184

@Preston76 is Michael Preston. Michael is the Director of Public Relations for Philadelphia 76ers who are owned by Joshua Harris & David S Blitzer amongst others.

This would tie in with the claims in the media that talks have been ongoing for a number of weeks.

Moments later when people started calling him out on it.

Matt Law @Matt_Law_DT  ·  May 14

lot of people will be disappointed if they base rumours on my Twitter movements.