$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

All this Saudi talk reminded me straight away of the 2012 Saudi prince story. I can't remember exactly but it was something like an unnamed Saudi Prince watched a training sesson and Bodymoor as a guest. I think they said it was because the Saudi royal family spend loads on conferences at Villa Park so they invited them to watch a session. It could be linked! I love this straw clutching game.

I don't care where they come from, just want them to have a decent plan, lots of enthusiasm, and a decent amount of loot to see the plan through even when it inevitably hits bumps along the way.

I remember when everyone believed in Lerner's five year plan. 

Unfortunately that 5 year plan was left in the hands of the wrong people, and money was wasted. I will add to my list above.... must have a decent team of people with them to implement the good plan. :)

I don't care where they come from, just want them to have a decent plan, lots of enthusiasm, and a decent amount of loot to see the plan through even when it inevitably hits bumps along the way.

I remember when everyone believed in Lerner's five year plan. 

Unfortunately that 5 year plan was left in the hands of the wrong people, and money was wasted. I will add to my list above.... must have a decent team of people with them to implement the good plan. :)

Bit like Stalin's one then. 

• Like 1

I actually think the Khalid Al-Baltan stuff is the most probable as things stand. We know for 100% fact that he wants to buy a Premier League team, we also know for 100% fact that he left his position recently. Fingers crossed what Abdul has been told is true.

Interestingly, Al Shabab board member Tariq Al Nofal was in Birmingham nine days ago.  Totally unrelated?  :detect: 

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Seeing as hes also got pictures on there from his Man City stadium tour with his family. Id guess its more of a Holiday rather than anything to do with our take over.

• Like 1

Seeing as hes also got pictures on there from his Man City stadium tour with his family. Id guess its more of a Holiday rather than anything to do with our take over.

You can fly in to Manchester or London from the Middle East quite easily though, why would you come to Birmingham? Genuine question as there really isn't anything to see here, it actually looks like he was in Birmingham for a while and did tours of Arsenal and Man City whilst here. Nothing football related or interesting apart from a few sight seeing photos from his time in Brum though, odd IMO.

Interesting that he is Al-Baltan's nephew, in fact it is beyond interesting if it is simply coincidence.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 3

Maybe he was just checking out the comparison between the stadia to see how we square up against a modern day footballing superpower?

You can fly in to Manchester or London from the Middle East quite easily though, why would you come to Birmingham? Genuine question as there really isn't anything to see here, it actually looks like he was in Birmingham for a while and did tours of Arsenal and Man City whilst here. Nothing football related or interesting apart from a few sight seeing photos from his time in Brum though, odd IMO.

Interesting that he is Al-Baltan's nephew, in fact it is beyond interesting if it is simply coincidence.

Have to agree with this.

Secondly, my friend said "all **** quiet, far too quiet" yesterday. I'm not sure what to think. Saying that, Mantis sent me some very very good info, might be worth PM'ing him for it.

Not really.

Edited by dodgyknees

If Al-Baltan does buy the club, BJ10 better hope he doesn't start reading VT!

A Riyadh criminal court has sentenced a sports journalist to three months in jail, 50 lashes, a SR5,000 fine, and a ban on using Twitter for three months, for defaming the presidents of two Saudi soccer clubs on Twitter.

The court, in a preliminary verdict, found Mohammad Shanwan Al-Inizi guilty of abusing Al-Hilal and Al-Shabbab on his Twitter account.  Al-Inizi had also alleged that there was corruption and forgery taking place in Al-Shabbab’s youth administration.  Al-Shabbab’s president Khalid Al-Baltan subsequently sued Al-Inizi for defamation.

Al-Inizi said it was the right of the club to sue him, but maintained that there was a long legal process ahead because the court had issued a preliminary finding.

http://www.arabnews.com/news/561411

Edited by NurembergVillan
  • Like 3

If Al-Baltan does buy the club, BJ10 better hope he doesn't start reading VT!

A Riyadh criminal court has sentenced a sports journalist to three months in jail, 50 lashes, a SR5,000 fine, and a ban on using Twitter for three months, for defaming the presidents of two Saudi soccer clubs on Twitter.

The court, in a preliminary verdict, found Mohammad Shanwan Al-Inizi guilty of abusing Al-Hilal and Al-Shabbab on his Twitter account.  Al-Inizi had also alleged that there was corruption and forgery taking place in Al-Shabbab’s youth administration.  Al-Shabbab’s president Khalid Al-Baltan subsequently sued Al-Inizi for defamation.

Al-Inizi said it was the right of the club to sue him, but maintained that there was a long legal process ahead because the court had issued a preliminary finding.

http://www.arabnews.com/news/561411

Kinky. 

• Like 1

Im not ITK and will never claim to be but I have been told that we have been sold (or very very close) but wont come out till after we sign few more players because they dont want other clubs increasing the prices as they will know we have new owners willing to spend.I don't know who the new owner is/will be but they have money to spend.That is from a really reliable source who would't make random chit chat up,like I said not claiming to know just passing on info.

Im not ITK and will never claim to be but I have been told that we have been sold (or very very close) but wont come out till after we sign few more players because they dont want other clubs increasing the prices as they will know we have new owners willing to spend.I don't know who the new owner is/will be but they have money to spend.That is from a really reliable source who would't make random chit chat up,like I said not claiming to know just passing on info.

We aren't really signing players though, we've signed 2 free signings, been linked with erm, we really haven't been linked with anyone that's worth mentioning really.