$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Isn't it time this thread title was changed to just £200 Million (all suitable offers considered) Takeover ?

The mods must know something we don't ;)

I know it was in the Telegraph, but is there any actual proof that the £200 million pound figure is the asking price?

All the figures I can find are only paper talk.

is there any actual proof that the £200 million pound figure is the asking price?

I doubt it. It isn't a second hand Ford Cortina he is trying to sell it's a multi-million pound business.

I don't care where they come from, just want them to have a decent plan, lots of enthusiasm, and a decent amount of loot to see the plan through even when it inevitably hits bumps along the way.

I remember when everyone believed in Lerner's five year plan. 

OK something for us to discuss.  Lots of names have been bandied around and there seems to be lots of speculation.  However, I believe the most serious interest is from a british consortium believe it or not.  I believe today or tomorrow would be when any interest would be 'firmed' up.  I.e. their bid accepted or rejected.

Now I remember seeing something on twitter a week ago from a normal fan talking about his good friend bidding for Villa.  Now I thought nothing of it as I thought it was just someone on the wind up.  I've spoken to this guy via DM on twitter and he has divulged quite a bit of information.  It seems a very elaborate wind up if true, I mean on the scale of the Indian interest wind up!.  HIs twitter handle is @chrisbarnes2610.  Check his timeline out.  He said he will give me a name once the bid is accepted (RL has until 5pm NY time today to respond to the bid).  He said that way we will know he was not lying as it will probably come out in the papers in a couple of weeks.

He said there were 4 serious parties but only 2 remain including his friend.  His friend is a Sri Lankan British citizen and is good friends with Roman Abrahamovic.  He has an investment banker background and has 4 backers.

Now this could be a wind up and probably is! However, it is something and goes with the most credible info I have seen so far that the only real interest is British.

OK something for us to discuss.  Lots of names have been bandied around and there seems to be lots of speculation.  However, I believe the most serious interest is from a british consortium believe it or not.  I believe today or tomorrow would be when any interest would be 'firmed' up.  I.e. their bid accepted or rejected.

Now I remember seeing something on twitter a week ago from a normal fan talking about his good friend bidding for Villa.  Now I thought nothing of it as I thought it was just someone on the wind up.  I've spoken to this guy via DM on twitter and he has divulged quite a bit of information.  It seems a very elaborate wind up if true, I mean on the scale of the Indian interest wind up!.  HIs twitter handle is @chrisbarnes2610.  Check his timeline out.  He said he will give me a name once the bid is accepted (RL has until 5pm NY time today to respond to the bid).  He said that way we will know he was not lying as it will probably come out in the papers in a couple of weeks.

He said there were 4 serious parties but only 2 remain including his friend.  His friend is a Sri Lankan British citizen and is good friends with Roman Abrahamovic.  He has an investment banker background and has 4 backers.

Now this could be a wind up and probably is! However, it is something and goes with the most credible info I have seen so far that the only real interest is British.

Omariqy , mean no disrespect mate, but you seem to have a new name or nationality every few days, what will be will be mate, just sit back and relax

• Like 4

The guy says 2 out of 4 bidders dropped out because we signed Joe Cole. I'm sorry but that is ridiculous.

• Like 1

The guy says 2 out of 4 bidders dropped out because we signed Joe Cole. I'm sorry but that is ridiculous.

Yeah just saw that.  Does not sound legit.  Ah well.

OK something for us to discuss. Lots of names have been bandied around and there seems to be lots of speculation. However, I believe the most serious interest is from a british consortium believe it or not. I believe today or tomorrow would be when any interest would be 'firmed' up. I.e. their bid accepted or rejected.

Now I remember seeing something on twitter a week ago from a normal fan talking about his good friend bidding for Villa. Now I thought nothing of it as I thought it was just someone on the wind up. I've spoken to this guy via DM on twitter and he has divulged quite a bit of information. It seems a very elaborate wind up if true, I mean on the scale of the Indian interest wind up!. HIs twitter handle is @chrisbarnes2610. Check his timeline out. He said he will give me a name once the bid is accepted (RL has until 5pm NY time today to respond to the bid). He said that way we will know he was not lying as it will probably come out in the papers in a couple of weeks.

He said there were 4 serious parties but only 2 remain including his friend. His friend is a Sri Lankan British citizen and is good friends with Roman Abrahamovic. He has an investment banker background and has 4 backers.

Yeah just saw that. Does not sound legit. Ah well.

you need to chill dude

He also said:

16th June a bid WILL have been accepted. Lerners asked till then to decide. Senderos last player to sign. Bidders NOT happy #AVFC

Complete and utter B.S. Don't worry Omar, things will sort themselves out, I'm as eager as you are mate!

• Like 1

I actually think the Khalid Al-Baltan stuff is the most probable as things stand. We know for 100% fact that he wants to buy a Premier League team, we also know for 100% fact that he left his position recently. Fingers crossed what Abdul has been told is true.

• Like 2

Just relax. What will be will be.

Enjoy the world cup.

We will probably have something to go on after it anyway.

The World Cup is the best thing in all of sports, but...

It would be a lot easier to enjoy if Aston Villa wasn't a rudderless ship with 2 broken masts (Benteke & Kozak), an captain owner (Lerner) looking to abandon ship and a helmsman (Lambert) who 2 seasons in a row have come inches from sinking the ship and who is now being refused funds to repair the gaping holes in the hull

• Like 2