$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I think I would prefer a new owner from Qatar. They don't seem too worried about investing in football.

If anything goes wrong with Qatar hosting the world cup they'd most likely lose interest. A Qatari owner would be risky considering the pressure on FIFA regarding bribes etc.

• Like 2

As far as I can work out clubs in Saudi aren't owned by individuals but are state backed and in the case of Baltan's last club they were backed by a certain prince.

Yes they were but also he used to pay. Put it that way. The country backs the clubs with some amount of money plus tv rights....etc

But still the presdent of the club pays from his pocket without a return. Could be princes or business men who want the show or loving their clubs. Plus the prince system here is different than you think. Not all princes are that wealthy.

I wanted to write more explaination but I dont like writing in smart phones.

• Like 3

I don't know if this has been mentioned on previous pages, but Birmingham Mail have an article saying that Micky Arison refuses to rule out buying Villa. The quote from Arison's spokesperson just said something like "as a general rule, we don't comment on rumours". A nothing story, by the looks of it.

• Like 2