$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

What's with the mirror suddenly having loads of villa rumours?

I hope Randolf is dropping the price, I would like to think the lower price paid = more money pumped into the team.

or alternatively lower price attracts a lower level of richness and so less money available.

could go either way. 

"I would like to think the lower price paid = more money pumped into the team". So would I Andy C but it could also just make buying the club a more affordable deal for any potential owner and therefore open the club up to someone with limited funds who would not be able to put the higher figure together. If the owner wanted to make the money he would not be getting from the sale into the transfer kitty he could agree that on top of the sale price as did the former chairman with him when he himself took over albeit with £20m rather than £50m. 

The one consistent theme in this thread is that there are no rumors coming out of the club,is that unusual,probably so,therefore we must deduce that only a tight knot of people (potential buyers) are involved in discussion with the representatives of Lerner and with discussions probably being led by bank personnel it is highly unlikely that leaks/rumors will occur. Lerner hopefully will have realized during his tenure at Villa that his financial input will never be fully recovered so the best deal possible is his agenda on the other hand potential buyers will not want to pay over the top despite the fact that they will be purchasing the ultimate sleeping giant of the Premier League who's potential is vast.Therefore i fully believe that a lot of hard bargaining is taking place and that our potential buyers are football orientated people well aware of what they are purchasing.

One interesting point about Keane (steady Trent this will be on topic I promise!)

Howard Hodgson tweeted the following picture pic.twitter.com/eNalkNYhRv that he said he got sent a week ago saying Keane was at Villa Park with the new owners.

So fingers crossed new investment is nearer than we think. More important than Lambert or Keane is some actual money to spend on footballers!!

If this is true (Keane visited with the new owners last week) and Keane is brought on to the coaching staff this week, that would be a pretty big indicator we have been sold. Perhaps Keane is advising the new owners or the new owners have picked him up to be "their" man in the dug out.

But it feels more likely that Keane was spotted visiting Villa Park to discuss the assistant role (alone) and somebody put 2 and 2 together to get 5 and assumed it must have been takover related.

Hopefully thats on topic enough.

That's a fair point ender and John, but I think dropping the price by 50/100 mil would not attract anyone less wealthy because any buyer knows they still would need to invest 500 million (including the initial purchase) over the next 5 years to even stand a chance of getting us anywhere.

Unless of coarse there is no intention of getting us anywhere.

So Roy Keane coming in as no.2 for Lambert or a new manager under new ownership? MON returning as manager and Roy as his assistant under new Saudi's owners? Heskey will return soon too.

That's a fair point ender and John, but I think dropping the price by 50/100 mil would not attract anyone less wealthy because any buyer knows they still would need to invest 500 million (including the initial purchase) over the next 5 years to even stand a chance of getting us anywhere.

Technically they can only invest £225m over that period

That's a fair point ender and John, but I think dropping the price by 50/100 mil would not attract anyone less wealthy because any buyer knows they still would need to invest 500 million (including the initial purchase) over the next 5 years to even stand a chance of getting us anywhere.

Even if we some how generated a lot more income?

Even if we some how generated a lot more income?

It doesn't matter how much income the club makes, the owner is only allowed to put in £45m per year under FFP rules. He could technically invest more through other avenues like sponsorship or any other loop holes in FFP, but as pure cash injections, £45m is the limit.

About Mirror story about Lerner dropping the price by 50 million...I'm gonna sound like a broken record but it's Mirror for **** sake. I believe it when I hear it from the horses mouth.

• Like 2

One interesting point about Keane (steady Trent this will be on topic I promise!)

Howard Hodgson tweeted the following picture pic.twitter.com/eNalkNYhRv that he said he got sent a week ago saying Keane was at Villa Park with the new owners.

So fingers crossed new investment is nearer than we think. More important than Lambert or Keane is some actual money to spend on footballers!!

All i get when i click the link is his twitter page telling me his tweets are protected? Maybe take a screen shot and post it (or just tell us).

There's a couple of things that strike me as odd with the Keane news...

1. Why would he turn down Celtic to be number 2 with us in our current position (fighting off relegation for a few years) when he would be a messiah with almost guaranteed success at Celtic (and most likely better paid)

2. Why would he take a role at a club that is for sale, with the knowledge that new owners would most likely want their own management team?

Part of me thinks there could be more to Roy Keane joining us. New owners from the Middle East bringing in the first of many of their footballing hero's to the club.

I think that the appointment of Keane which indicates that Lambert is staying for the foreseeable means a buyer is no where near the horizon.

It doesn't matter how much income the club makes, the owner is only allowed to put in £45m per year under FFP rules. He could technically invest more through other avenues like sponsorship or any other loop holes in FFP, but as pure cash injections, £45m is the limit.

Can people please stop talking about FFP rules. it is only a matter of time before it gets taken to court and blown out of the water. PSG and City know it and that's why they aren't bothered about it.

Football is a business and as a business owner you are allowed to inject as much financial support as you like. Simple as that. 

Part of me thinks there could be more to Roy Keane joining us. New owners from the Middle East bringing in the first of many of their footballing hero's to the club.

I think that the appointment of Keane which indicates that Lambert is staying for the foreseeable means a buyer is no where near the horizon.

That's what I thought at first but then I thought why would Keane be interested in the role? The guy is a winner, why come to us?

That's what I thought at first but then I thought why would Keane be interested in the role? The guy is a winner, why come to us?

He's a winner in footballing terms, but he's far from royalty when it comes to management.

This appointment does pose a massive question over the future of the club though. I don't understand why Lerner would make such a high profile appointment when he's so desperate to get rid of the club. And I don't really understand why Keane would take a job with such a big question mark hanging over it. 

If we're gonig by what K says then I presume the best guess for the new owner is Rich being as though he seems to be the only person he hasn't ruled out. Although wouldn't be at all surprised if there's some truth in the Middle Eastern rumours. Maybe Keane will be an assistant this season but under someone different to Lambert.

Edited by useless

All i get when i click the link is his twitter page telling me his tweets are protected? Maybe take a screen shot and post it (or just tell us).

There's a couple of things that strike me as odd with the Keane news...

1. Why would he turn down Celtic to be number 2 with us in our current position (fighting off relegation for a few years) when he would be a messiah with almost guaranteed success at Celtic (and most likely better paid)

2. Why would he take a role at a club that is for sale, with the knowledge that new owners would most likely want their own management team?

There is a big difference between being the manager of a club and being the number 2 at a club. Why would he turn down a full time job at Celtic? Well, he already has the job with Ireland which he said he wants to stick at.

I think he'll be more than capable to have a job as an assistant with us whilst still keeping his assistant post with Ireland. On the other hand, managing Celtic full time would probably mean he'd leave his post at Ireland. Whatever happens with Villa doesn't have a bearing on his job with Ireland, he'll be in work still even if new owners come in and sack him within months. He'd also get a tidy pay off if that did happen.

Edited by samjp26