$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Upon reflection, I don't think being owned by him would too bad actually. If we don't really own the players we don't take on much of the liability and although we'd more than likely see the good ones departing - who gives a shit if we're playing good football and doing pretty well? 

Obviously Randy won't sell to this dodgy Kazak, he knows it'll incite fans and that's just doom for the Club. But by leaking this he can possibly get a better price from another bidder.

Speak for yourself. Id rather we take our chances with a 'dodgy Kazak' than be stuck with Lerner any day.

How can it not? There are plenty of clubs that have got around various spending rules and player regulations these past few years. Rules and regulations in football are constantly breached by people who understand the industry, move in the right circles and have the finances in place to pay fines. There is very little integrity in football.

But Man City and PSG both failed despite having a head start on the rules.

They've had years to arrange their finances, infrastructure and revenue streams in a manner which could circumvent the rules but failed. It's expected that Man City will pass next time, but PSG are hilariously heading towards exclusion with their continued ignorance.

The question, though, is how do a club like ours, who suddenly get rich in the midst of FFP monitoring, run ourselves into huge losses qualifying for Europe, get busted and then dig themselves out within a year of receiving our first set of sanctions?

I want Dubai to buy is please. No other bids accepted. 

It wouldn't make a difference.

Premier League FFP means that we couldn't spend more than we earn even if an owner was willing to bankroll us.

The Premier league FFP is more restrictive than Uefa FFP (but not as restrictive as Championship FFP). 

Interesting read. IMHO after reading that if the new owners are American I can only see Ellison or PA buying us as a trophy asset or part of a bigger network as you will never see a return on your investment.

http://www.punditarena.com/football/english-football/rodonovan/anyone-want-aston-villa-football-club/

Thats a really interesting article that is very relevant to the potential takeover.

Any thoughts guys?

Good for RL I suppose as, if true, it will drive the price up and may start a bit of a bidding war.  He could conceivable get £250m for us. Which would be a result for him.

Hopefully he's named his price and they're the first to match it. Going into an auction which I doubt would happen doesn't really mean you'd get the best owner.

Premier League FFP means that we couldn't spend more than we earn even if an owner was willing to bankroll us.

The Premier league FFP is more restrictive than Uefa FFP (but not as restrictive as Championship FFP). 

Are you sure about that? I am pretty sure the premier league FFP isn't as restrictive as UEFA's.

• Like 1

I have a feeling that if this Kazakh guy buys us, he'll make the Venkys and Carson Yeung look like amazing owners.

I wonder if he even knows about relegation?

Even the most anti-Lerner people will be wishing for Lerner again.

What are you basing this on?

You do know he's already involved in football, right?

Players are judged on VT before they've even signed for us, so why shouldn't new owners be? ;)

Personally, I'll be forming my opinion of this Arif fellow from his Youtube highlight reel.  

prefer the heat maps myself before judging

• Like 1

I genuinely think it could turn out well if it is him and his boys. They have a lot of money behind them.. like.. an awful lot.. and they're adding 4 more financial backers to their little football crew on top of that.

They have a huge network across the globe from Brazil to Holland and would arguably be much better at getting quality on talent on board than Randy.

I think you have to remember that even if it is his name mentioned, it isn't just him that will be involved. Rich owners that actually know the game, especially from a business perspective. How could that not be a positive starting point?

They have a manager on their books too that I'm sure we'd all love if they could persuade him to get on board.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 2

Upon reflection, I don't think being owned by him would too bad actually. If we don't really own the players we don't take on much of the liability and although we'd more than likely see the good ones departing - who gives a shit if we're playing good football and doing pretty well? 

I'd rather Villa were doing very well and competing for trophies year in year out as a proper football club.

Samjp26 - Who is the manager?

simeonestars1.jpg

Not that I think it would happen, but before everybody jumps the gun slagging somebody off about prostitutes, you really need to look at the positives that come from somebody involved in the game already and the sort of people they are involved with.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1

I want Dubai to buy is please. No other bids accepted.

I'll put a word in.

;)

Dubai needed a £20 billion bailout from Abu Dhabi so not to default on its debts. And I believe as part of the deal the tallest building in the world the Burj Khalifa is named after to crown prince of Abu Dhabi. So no thanks Qataris or nothing

• Like 2

Samjp26 - Who is the manager?

Diego Simeone.

I see that former Manure Chief Executive Peter Kenyon is involved with them to some capacity.

Edited by stewiek2

Tevfik Arif interested in Aston Villa as Randy Lerner eyes £200m sale to Kazakh-born property mogul

By David Kent

13:38 30 May 2014, updated 13:48 30 May 2014

Arif is keen to agree a deal to take control of the Premier League club

Lerner officially put Villa up for sale in May

Kazakh-born billionaire Tevfik Arif is keen on a deal to buy Aston Villa from American owner Randy Lerner.

As revealed by Sportsmail on Wednesday, Arif is considering a bid after Lerner formally put the midlands club up for sale earlier this month.

Lerner hopes to sell for £200million after buying out long-term owner Doug Ellis for £63million back in 2006.

Arif, who founded New York-based property firm Bayrock Group and is an associate of Donald Trump, is described as a 'front-runner' by an Independent source.

The source told the newspaper: 'There are around six to eight interested parties and he is the front-runner. Arif and his family are serious contenders.'

Arif was acquitted of all charges after being arrested and questioned by Turkish police over claims that he organised eastern European prostitutes for Russian businessmen on a luxury yacht in October 2010.

US billionaire Trump has partnered with Arif on projects including the 46-storey Trump SoHo hotel and residential tower in Manhattan.

Arif has a history of investing in football, having been named by Bloomberg as an investor in Doyen Capital - a hedge-fund which has bought stakes in some of the world's top players including Monaco's Radamel Falcao.

Villa made a loss of £52million in the year to May 2013 and Lerner has expressed his desire to move on as he no longer feels capable of leading the club forward.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2643838/Tevfik-Arif-interested-Aston-Villa-Randy-Lerner-eyes-200m-sale-Kazakh-born-property-mogul.html