$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I don't know if The Trees can find out which individual passengers are aboard the law firm's jet but if it is linked to us then I'd guess that this guy will be one of them:

Peter C. Alkalay

Partner — New York, NY

T: (212) 448-6201

F: (212) 448-0066

palkalay@mclaughlinstern.com

vCard

print

Biography

Peter C. Alkalay was born in New York City and received his B.A. degree from Princeton University in 1968 and his J.D. from Columbia University in 1973, where he was Chief Judge of the law school’s Moot Court Program.

Mr. Alkalay concentrates his practice in the area of matrimonial law, but also practices in the areas of sports law and general commercial litigation. His matrimonial practice covers all New York counties, and he has not only represented parties to a divorce, but has also acted as a Law Guardian to minor children involved in custody issues. Mr. Alkalay offers mediation services in all areas of Family Law, and has participated in Collaboration Law to facilitate matrimonial settlements. He has also been involved in several high-profile matrimonial matters involving high net worth individuals.

For a number of years he has also been the principal outside counsel to various amateur sports organizations charged with fielding the competitive teams for participation in the Olympics and the Pan American Games. These organizations include USA Track and Field, the United States Soccer Federation and the American Horse Show Association. In this connection, Mr. Alkalay has dealt with strategic issues involving endorsements, arbitrations relating to performance-enhancing substances and other eligibility issues. He has appeared before the United States Supreme Court in this connection. He has been called upon by foreign sports organizations in European countries to consult on the formation and governing documents and rules for their amateur sports bodies. He also served as the chair of the Arbitration Tribunal of the International Amateur Athletics Federation, the world governing body for track and field. Most recently, he was named as an arbitrator of the International Court of Arbitration for Sport, which has global jurisdiction over many sport disputes.

Mr. Alkalay has lectured widely and chaired symposiums addressing the United States’ participation in the Olympic and amateur sports movements. In addition, he headed a firm group which represented clients in the purchase of a well-known Major League Baseball franchise.

Mr. Alkalay’s other litigation experience includes major trials in the federal and state courts. Among the cases in which he has been involved are a major government antitrust litigation against one of the country’s largest corporate entities, and lender liability cases.

Mr. Alkalay is a member of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York and is involved with a number of cultural and charitable institutions.

http://www.mclaughlinstern.com/attorneys/partners/alkalay-peter-c/

form that V Card i'd say he would be the last person from M and S on the plane. Check out the coprorate lawyers instead.

I've just read an article about this Bob RIch where it states that he refused to pay 15,000 pound loan that the Bedlington Terriers had taken out and now they could be faced with a winding up order. This was February of last year.

BEDLINGTON Terriers football club may be forced to close if it cannot clear thousands of pounds of debt.

The Chronicle

Apparently its not us he's after its Bedlington Terriers who he currently sponsors

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/nov/04/billionaire-robert-rich-bedlington-terriers

That article is nearly 4 years old.

was meant as a joke, although the post by 'useless' makes this even less funny

I think we will have a take over by the time the season starts. 

I think we will sell or sign at least one player before the season starts.

form that V Card i'd say he would be the last person from M and S on the plane. Check out the coprorate lawyers instead.

I just thought maybe because he was oversaw the takeover of a sports club before and is involved in sporting matters in general.

Apparently its not us he's after its Bedlington Terriers who he currently sponsors

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/nov/04/billionaire-robert-rich-bedlington-terriers

Article written 3/4 years ago that consists of Robert Rich and Aston Villa in the same parargraph - points to that Rich and Villa are made for each other.

I've just read an article about this Bob RIch where it states that he refused to pay 15,000 pound loan that the Bedlington Terriers had taken out and now they could be faced with a winding up order. This was February of last year.

BEDLINGTON Terriers football club may be forced to close if it cannot clear thousands of pounds of debt.

The Chronicle

You wouldn't expect a sponsor to step in though would you? I know to him it's pittance but you don't get rich giving money away!

The Chronicle

I refused to pay it too.

• Like 3

The Chronicle

You wouldn't expect a sponsor to step in though would you? I know to him it's pittance but you don't get rich giving money away!

I thought he was more than a sponsor, the honoury president or something plus he's the Lord of the area you'd think he'd want to help for the sake of the community. I know he'd already helped them out financially but to do all that and then suddenly not help out with this reminds me of Randy a bit. Plus the whole thing of speaking to them through his solicitors.

Edited by useless

The Chronicle

I thought he was more than a sponsor, the honoury president or something plus he's the Lord of the area you'd think he'd want to help for the sake of the community. I know he'd already helped them out financially but to do all that and then suddenly not help out with this reminds me of Randy a bit. Plus the whole thing of speaking to them through his solicitors.

It seems he had family roots in the area so as a one off paid for stuff and took them on tour so they made him honorary president. It doesn't mean he has to bail them out every time. He was never an owner or anything and I'd say the only way they could contact him was through his solicitors as I doubt he went to games or supporters meetings!

• Like 1

It seems he had family roots in the area so as a one off paid for stuff and took them on tour so they made him honorary president. It doesn't mean he has to bail them out every time. He was never an owner or anything and I'd say the only way they could contact him was through his solicitors as I doubt he went to games or supporters meetings!

He could have skyped or phoned. I bet if he was paying the fine he wouldn't let them know about it through his solicitors. Anyway I've a feeling this guy isn't anything to do with us all the other teams he's been involved seem pretty minor.

He seems to think that middle class Europeans want to eat like Americans not sure where he got that idea from or why he'd think buying VIlla would be the sort of vehicle to achieve that.

Edited by useless

Trees - so Teterboro airport is outside Manhattan, NY.

Buffalo is 6.5 hours from there.  Would it be similar to how the plane got here - via luton?

So going back he'd stop at Teterboro, refill or whatever and then just get back to Buffalo?

It could be a coincidence, I mean as much as there are links between the owner of the jet, there have been some major acts in the UK over the last few days, even the WWE has been here.  Maybe he's a fan - or it could be his wife - it could be anything! But when you look for links, you can often link anything to anything via tedious links.

Are the lawyers still in the country?  Can you see passengers on flights? Why don't you purchase a GPS tracker and attach it to the car the passengers got into!? :lol:

Teterboro is the main executive airport of NYC-think Heathrow busy, but just private jets.

I assume that the occupants have business in NY-Buffalo from BHX is easy without the need to refuel.

I am aware of WWE and Miley Cyrus related flights this past week or so. Also a couple of others, one a definite no, but another curious one that I couldn't link. There are plenty of flights, but I only flag up ones that *might* be relevant.

And no, I don't generally see passenger lists, but on the odd occasion that I do, I would not report them anywhere.

Can you give any details on the other curious one Trees? 

• Like 1

I read about Mr Rich on his company's profile page.....inducted into Frozen Food Hall of Fame, Grocers Hall of Fame, Florida Fishing Hall of Fame (he intends turning this achievement into a film apparently ?) etc etc. He makes Doug Ellis look like a recluse.......given his age and his predilection for 3rd rate sports teams, I think I'd rather he kept his dollars for his other interests.

I read about Mr Rich on his company's profile page.....inducted into Frozen Food Hall of Fame, Grocers Hall of Fame, Florida Fishing Hall of Fame (he intends turning this achievement into a film apparently ?) etc etc. He makes Doug Ellis look like a recluse.......given his age and his predilection for 3rd rate sports teams, I think I'd rather he kept his dollars for his other interests.

I'd certainly prefer him to the donut kings of Inda !   or that warlord from Kazakhstan !

People seem to have a lot of opinions about someone we didn't even know about two days ago.

Agreed Pack, people getting carried away with Ellison link now feeling let down as a good link has come up. Just lets see what happens huh