$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Maybe he knows that eventual new owners won't keep him.

In businesses there are always people who keep jobs where their bosses don't actually know what they do.

Paul Lambert has 36000 people who have no clue what he does, so a new owner will make it 36001.

• Like 1

In businesses there are always people who keep jobs where their bosses don't actually know what they do.

Paul Lambert has 36000 people who have no clue what he does, so a new owner will make it 36001.

Heh, yeah maybe. I guess we'll see.

36000 people + 25 or so footballers by the look of things most matches last season.

• Like 1

I think Lambert is a bit gutted now because everyone wants new owners and I just cant see new owners coming in and giving him his one year. A new chairman would surely mean new starts, unless the majority of villa fans changed their mind and trusted him to spend the money that comes in.

Also the fact that it hasn't worked out with culverhouse and karsa. He may have just think a lot of people are now considering whether or not he does have a plan. And no this isnt any ITK bs. Just my personal opinion.

Lambert's just waiting for his pay off, I don't think he seriously wants to be here. Unfortunately Lerner will not sanction this at the moment, so what can he do, but to 'go again'!!

You honestly think he doesn't want to be here ? So he wouldn't want to make us a top half side and then move onto make another club into some dortmund model for the premier league ?

And tbh why should Lerner sack him now ? Hes granted a lot of the fans wishes by agreeing to sell the club and has stuck by Lambert right till the end. Lerner should let the next chairman decide and then let him pay him off. Unfortunate for the fans that really want Lambert out but why would Lerner care at this point ?

• Like 3

Lambert's just waiting for his pay off, I don't think he seriously wants to be here. Unfortunately Lerner will not sanction this at the moment, so what can he do, but to 'go again'!!

I think Lambert showed when he joined us that if he didn't want to be here, he wouldn't be here.

Circumstances are a bit different now though. He had a job to walk into when he wanted to leave Norwich. Don't see many clubs trying to pry him off us. Probably because they know he'll be off when Lerner sells. Lambert will not walk away for free and who could blame him. I wouldn't.

I do also feel that with what happened this season with player injuries and financial constraints, us calling for lambert a head is only marginally more acceptable than Newcastle fans calling for Pardews.

We have to be careful where we are and who can replace him.

We cannot have delusions of grandure when it comes to managers now

• Like 4

We are avfc and at one time we were shopping at sainsburys and now lambert has been told that to appease the fans appetite he can do so but only going to Lidl...

Pretty hard that unless you are Raymond blanc or Gordon Ramsay, avfc can't get Gordon Ramsay, we have that guy from Saturday kitchen

We are avfc and at one time we were shopping at sainsburys and now lambert has been told that to appease the fans appetite he can do so but only going to Lidl...

Pretty hard that unless you are Raymond blanc or Gordon Ramsay, avfc can't get Gordon Ramsay, we have that guy from Saturday kitchen

And Mr Lerner's reign all started with Anthony Worrall-Thompson ;)

Did anyone else listen to the interview Tom Ross did for GoalZone.

Lambert sounded really down beat. But what are your thoughts?

Did anyone else listen to the interview Tom Ross did for GoalZone.

Lambert sounded really down beat. But what are your thoughts?

I think he has looked and sounded downcast since his assistants were given gardening leave.

When he joined us I really bought into what he said he was trying to do, but I was increasingly undecided about his ability. However, I said way back that I wanted him to have this summer window and up to Christmas to see what he could do.

Post Chelsea, however, I became convinced he was not up to the job, and should be removed.

Ironic then, that I may now get to see what he can actually do in the upcoming window and season. 

• Like 1

Please stop posting things in this thread which should be in the Lambert thread.

Now you have dragged things back around, any chance of correcting the spelling of the thread title?

... shall I just remove the word after the $200? Or do you mean that it should say "Indian"?

Please stop posting things in this thread which should be in the Lambert thread.

Now you have dragged things back around, any chance of correcting the spelling of the thread title?

... shall I just remove the word after the $200? Or do you mean that it should say "Indian"?

Aren't the two topics intertwined?

Word removed?

Surely not ;)

Thanks a Million, by the way.

(and I wasn't taking the p. I do sympathise with the mods at the moment. Threads are being zapped all over the place)

• Like 1