$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

OOTK. ( out of the know). But if you have no buyer, your announcement says, "I'm going to sell, but in the meantime we need to prepare for a better season. I have every confidence that PF and PL can do an excellent job preparing and strengthening our side. We must be better, we will be better. Now that they have improved the economic status of the club, I will be providing increased support to assure they have the resources to do this."

You don't leave the ship rudderless, adrift with no pilot, when you have no clear end point in sight. You keep the ship in the best shape you can, with a safe looking course, with enough investment to keep the value high, but not over invest, while you hope for a buyer.

srsmithusa - you've missed the point of this thread - either we're being bought up by mega billionaires and will be playing football 'messi'anic proportions by June - or we are headed on a one way trip to DOOM in the CHAMPIONSHIP, and possibly League 1, 2 thereafter before disappearing into a blip in the space time continuum when all record of Aston Villa will be banished from existence. Please stop exercising common sense and either rejoice in the soon to be announced second coming, or prepare for the footballopalypse. Oh and don't forget the puns.

• Like 2

Lerner had to make a statement because of the mounting pressure.

If he had a buyer he would have told us.

Give it up will you

as much as i don't want to admit it i think there's something in this. His hand was forced statementwise.

how was his hand forced exactly?

we're pretty used to being utterly terrible by now, what changed exactly?

The natives were restless and the rumours from the fans and press too much to handle.... that filters through to the managing staff and players and before you know it your silent position is not only untenable, it's actually counter-productive. Especially to a potential buyer looking in.

I'm not saying I'm right, I'm saying daz316 could be.

OOTK. ( out of the know). But if you have no buyer, your announcement says, "I'm going to sell, but in the meantime we need to prepare for a better season. I have every confidence that PF and PL can do an excellent job preparing and strengthening our side. We must be better, we will be better. Now that they have improved the economic status of the club, I will be providing increased support to assure they have the resources to do this."

You don't leave the ship rudderless, adrift with no pilot, when you have no clear end point in sight. You keep the ship in the best shape you can, with a safe looking course, with enough investment to keep the value high, but not over invest, while you hope for a buyer.

You first and second paragraphs don't really follow on.

You've no idea that he's left the ship rudderless etc as you've no idea what the situation is with regards to selling and how negotiations (if there are any) are transpiring. All you've done is stated what you would have said in a very specific situation and then made a moany assumption about the present state of affairs.

Still confident something will happen before preseason. Chillax. Sit back. Enjoy the sunshine. Hug somebody. Get drunk. Have a funtime. Live for the moment, look forward to the world cup. S'up.. The shizzle will bizzle.

~Snoop Dodg.

• Like 4

Still confident something will happen before preseason. Chillax. Sit back. Enjoy the sunshine. Hug somebody. Get drunk. Have a funtime. Live for the moment, look forward to the world cup. S'up.. The shizzle will bizzle.

~Snoop Dodg.

I can't wait for the World Cup, because it will give people something to think about.

• Like 2

The natives were restless and the rumours from the fans and press too much to handle.... that filters through to the managing staff and players and before you know it your silent position is not only untenable, it's actually counter-productive. Especially to a potential buyer looking in.

I'm not saying I'm right, I'm saying daz316 could be.

Is he also right with his 'Give it up will you'? ;)... If so, we may aswell lock the thread and only open it to announce when the club is sold.

srsmithusa - you've missed the point of this thread - either we're being bought up by mega billionaires and will be playing football 'messi'anic proportions by June - or we are headed on a one way trip to DOOM in the CHAMPIONSHIP, and possibly League 1, 2 thereafter before disappearing into a blip in the space time continuum when all record of Aston Villa will be banished from existence. Please stop exercising common sense and either rejoice in the soon to be announced second coming, or prepare for the footballopalypse. Oh and don't forget the puns.

The ship isn't rudderless though - We will be run in much the same way as we have been since Lamberts arrival. As Lerner said business as usual.

• Like 1

Keith Harris (correct name?) was on radio four this morning at about seven thirty taking about the villa sale amongst other things, worth a listen on iPlayer, I am SURE he mentioned something about an interested party but he could not go into detail but I may be wrong, I wasn't concentrating at that point because I was driving

Edited by robojoel

Keith Harris (correct name) was on radio four this morning at about seven thirty taking about the villa sake amongst other things, with a listen on iPlayer, I am SURE he mentioned something about an interested party but he could not go into detail but I may be wrong, I wasn't concentrating at that point because I was driving

Keith Harris (correct name) was on radio four this morning at about seven thirty taking about the villa sake amongst other things, with a listen on iPlayer, I am SURE he mentioned something about an interested party but he could not go into detail but I may be wrong, I wasn't concentrating at that point because I was driving

Orville ?

• Like 1

The ship isn't rudderless though - We will be run in much the same way as we have been since Lamberts arrival. As Lerner said business as usual.

Um - that's what srsmithusa said. 

Right. I've finally caught up.

- Lots more Kwan puns (very funny, btw)

- Lots of people upset about Kwan puns (which is even funnier, imo)

- Nobody knows exactly what is going on

- BJ10 doesn't like our new owners already.

So... nothing surprising, then.  ;) 

Carry on.

• Like 1

Is he also right with his 'Give it up will you'? ;)... If so, we may aswell lock the thread and only open it to announce when the club is sold.

Nah, of course not.... speculation is what makes the world go round.

Um - that's what srsmithusa said. 

Yes sorry - it was - I thought it was said that we have been left rudderless.

But we will plod along with a nominal budget until a buyer is found. There is a tempation to compare with Everton - whose owner has been saying for ages that they are for sale but there are no takers. However I reckon Lerner wants out pretty badly so will be flexible on price - however if there aren't many bidders, he may not be too fussy who he sells to...

Edited by smetrov

yes we are up sale two buyers want us, and have spoken with Lerner all day today.

Happy Folks  :)  :)

For anyone who missed the updates from last night, I have picked the best post of the evening out for your entertainment.

• Like 1

Keith Harris (correct name?) was on radio four this morning at about seven thirty taking about the villa sale amongst other things, worth a listen on iPlayer, I am SURE he mentioned something about an interested party but he could not go into detail but I may be wrong, I wasn't concentrating at that point because I was driving

This chap. He was also on 5live where they asked him "will there be a quick sale?", after a long pause he just began talking in very general terms so there wasn't really any juicy information. :(