$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Don't want no rich arabs...lets respect our class history and tradition and do it the right way...citing Dortmund, Bilbao and Atletio.

Clubs which got to where they are currently before FFP was introduced and has effectively shut the door to that Top 4/6.

It's all well and good talking about how we did it the "proper" way 30-odd years ago, but let's get real, in modern football, money is everything unfortunately, it is extremely rare to get close to success without significant investment. And it's nice he cited 3 clubs who have done it the "proper" way (even though 2 have also spent a lot of money), but what about the other 15 or so clubs in top European leagues that are currently pretty much untouchable due to their money?

For us to get back to the top it would take years of extremely shrewd signings, or a few years of big spending.

There's no way nowdays in premier league that you could build success without spending lot of money, especially if you want to compete for top spots consistently. Atletico Madrid has done amazingly this season but just watch their best players picked by the bigger clubs and they'll go back into spots 3-8 and won't bother Barcelona or Real Madrid again.

I'd LOVE us to be bought by silly rich arabs and put 150 million on players this summer, and I'd bet that NO ONE would complain if we'd win the league for not winning it "the proper way".

This not wanting rich Arabs is ridiculous, would anyone of been conplauonging if it was us picking up the league and not man city yesterday.

I want success and success requires money.

I wouldn't conplauong.

I wouldn't even know how to do conplauonging but by jove I'd do it if that's what it took to get Arab owners. Why not? That's what it takes to compete nowadays so we might as well!

This not wanting rich Arabs is ridiculous, would anyone of been conplauonging if it was us picking up the league and not man city yesterday.

I want success and success requires money.

I wouldn't conplauong.

Damn it. Must start checking before clicking submit post!

• Like 1

"The proper way" What does that even mean? You have to spend money to succeed these days.

No one's saying we don't need to spend money. I think the point is that we don't need the world's richest man to achieve success. With responsible and clever ownership we can achieve success organically with the infrastructure we have and not have to sell out and use our club's name as an advert for an airline company or whatever. 

• Like 1

Pat murphy tweet,

Keith Harris,investment banker who finessed Lerner's takeover of Villa in '06 on board again for sale,along with Merrill Lynch.RL trusts him

Understand Harris starting from scratch,that RL doesn't have buyer up his sleeve.Any deal wouldn't go ahead without Harris' recommendation

I really don't believe that there is currently no interest, or that Randy woke up this morning and called up his banker mates to get the ball rolling. This has been going on for a while IMO.

If we are bought by silly money intending to splash the cash Stan will be creaming himself along with the rest of us.

I'm pretty sure 99% of people that are saying they don't want us to 'buy' success would come around very quickly if we got bought by someone super-rich.

If we are bought by silly money intending to splash the cash Stan will be creaming himself along with the rest of us.

I'm pretty sure 99% of people that are saying they don't want us to 'buy' success would come around very quickly if we got bought by someone super-rich.

Of course they would. Life's too short. As I've said before I want to see villa win things in my life time. I don't care how it comes.

• Like 1

The German and Spanish leagues are pretty incomparable to the English. Saying Villa should be run like Dortumnd is meaningless because German football is set up to prevent billionaires from coming in and treating a club like a play thing. Spanish football is a mess on a totally different level. English football is pretty much an open market and it really is whoever spends most wins.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

"The proper way" What does that even mean? You have to spend money to succeed these days.

No one's saying we don't need to spend money. I think the point is that we don't need the world's richest man to achieve success. With responsible and clever ownership we can achieve success organically with the infrastructure we have and not have to sell out and use our club's name as an advert for an airline company or whatever. 

Er no we can't. The only clubs to smash through the glass ceiling since 2000 have been Manchester City and Chelsea who have oddles of cash from suspect places and bought their way to the top.  We don't have enough support to grow the income, nor are we a London club which can charge 70 quid for tickets. Unless someone with deeper pockets than Randy takes over, at best we will forever be a mid table premier league outfit. At best.

Pat murphy tweet,

Keith Harris,investment banker who finessed Lerner's takeover of Villa in '06 on board again for sale,along with Merrill Lynch.RL trusts him

Understand Harris starting from scratch,that RL doesn't have buyer up his sleeve.Any deal wouldn't go ahead without Harris' recommendation

I really don't believe that there is currently no interest, or that Randy woke up this morning and called up his banker mates to get the ball rolling. This has been going on for a while IMO.

Agreed. 

The German and Spanish leagues are pretty incomparable to the English. Saying Villa should be run like Dortumnd is meaningless because German football is set up to prevent billionaires from coming in and treating a club like a play thing. Spanish football is a mess on a totally different level. English football is pretty much an open market and it really is whoever spends most wins.

Yup, Spanish teams are in a right mess bossing europe and knocking out our big money teams!

Did Lerner sell the browns to the right guy? Sure I read he was being investigated by the FBI.

No he didn't, but I doubt Lerner knew two years ago something that the FBI didn't i.e. that Haslam was a multimillion dollar fraudster.

The Browns fans were jubilant when Lerner sold, but guess what? They're just as shit, and their saviour from evil Randy clearly has a lot of loose wires.

You hate Lerner so much that what does it matter who he sells to anyway?