$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Howard Hodgson is a doosh. His location is down as sandbanks, poole. Having lived in Bournemouth and walked around sandbanks a few times, there are varying sized plots of land there and quite a few which you coul dbarely say were Sandbanks. He is a wannabee, and as my 2 year old would say, a big head.

I don't get what living in Bournemouth has anything to do with it.

• Like 1

Jareth, I would agree that he probably is a big head and likes the sound of his own voice. Although he is a cricket agent and runs a successful catering (i think) business. I don't know why his money has anything to do with it but he does own a boat. 

He's definatley got contacts at Villa and has been in the directors section for years untill a few months back.

HH's problem is that his motivations are all so transparent, not kicked out of the dircetors box and we would not have heard from him so much. He was clearly happy to be part of the corporate machine but now he can;t be he is in opposition. He is self interested. We are all AVFC interested. 

villa-revolution - the t'intenet is an arousing and stimulating platform.

• Like 1

Howard Hodgson is a doosh. His location is down as sandbanks, poole. Having lived in Bournemouth and walked around sandbanks a few times, there are varying sized plots of land there and quite a few which you coul dbarely say were Sandbanks. He is a wannabee, and as my 2 year old would say, a big head.

Bournemouth does not have a decent curry house.

• Like 1

Not sure why people are doubting TBAR - they've been spot on all the way through. Nobody believed them in the first place then it was announced in the national newspapers by reputable journalists before Randy himself put out a statement. This "our forum is better than your forum" stuff is so childish. Just admit they have a very solid ITK.

I don't think they know who the buyers/potential buyers are though. 

Randy's statement will say he's selling up and he's currently negotiating the sale to ?? May or may not name the new owners.

There isn't any doubt here, it's happening. 

• Like 1

I wonder if anyone's thought about him refloating us?

Jesus. That's a ludicrously good shout.

"Giving the club back to the fans" will be the line

I think you've bloody nailed it

You mean the announcement isn't going to be a super-duper savings deal in the club shop, a free flag and memento photo album of what we've achieved since randy took over*? That's all I'm expecting to be honest.

*only available to new season ticket holders.

• Like 1

@avfcwills10

He / she / employee has been sparing with the tweets and, as far as I can ascertain, has never made any bold predictions previously. They also have a habit of revealing correct information on players and managerial appointments.

It's the only Villa related Twitter account I pay any attention to.

When did you start it? ;)

Edited by srsmithusa
  • Like 2

Do you know him?  Have you met him?  I have on numerous occasions and been down to Sandbanks on numerous occasions to meet him on business.  The guy loves the club as much as the next guy.  Not sure why we have to resort to chastising our fellow Villa fan on here.  Also, it's douche.

Chastising fellow villa fans on here is not a new trend. You are correct, I have not spent time in his luxurious sandbanks company, he may love the club, but he is not or could never influence the club short of a very negative online presence based purely on the fact he was snubbed. He has called the villa management liars. He may not be wrong, but it is sour grapes, he would swap places with them in a heartbeat. He is very publically, a doosh. (that is phonetic)

Do you know him? Have you met him? I have on numerous occasions and been down to Sandbanks on numerous occasions to meet him on business. The guy loves the club as much as the next guy. Not sure why we have to resort to chastising our fellow Villa fan on here. Also, it's douche.

Yes I agree that it's a bit harsh, but I can't help but think he's a bit of a tool. On twitter he's constantly filling up my timeline with him tweeting random people about his articles that he's wrote asking them to read them. Just comes across as being very self important and an attention seeker. I'm not going to unfollow him because I may miss something because I don't doubt that he does have good contacts. Edited by KJT123

Jesus - He was a local businessman and until very recently took a seat in the villa directors boxes. I can't bevel you can dis all that because he lives in Bournemouth ?

I think you need to check your facts HH junior has lived in the Bournemouth area for years. His father who is just as much a self publicist as his son splits his time between the UK and Malta but does not live in the Midlands. Both are Villa fans but don't know neatly as much as they like to pretend they do.

Do you know him? Have you met him? I have on numerous occasions and been down to Sandbanks on numerous occasions to meet him on business. The guy loves the club as much as the next guy. Not sure why we have to resort to chastising our fellow Villa fan on here. Also, it's douche.

Yes I agree that it's a bit harsh, but I can't help but think he's a bit of a tool. On twitter he's constantly filling up my timeline with him tweeting random people about his articles that he's wrote asking them to read them. Just comes across as being very self important and an attention seeker. I'm not going to unfollow him because I may miss something because I don't doubt that he does have good contacts.

Why follow him then?

Do you know him?  Have you met him?  I have on numerous occasions and been down to Sandbanks on numerous occasions to meet him on business.  The guy loves the club as much as the next guy.  Not sure why we have to resort to chastising our fellow Villa fan on here.  Also, it's douche.

Chastising fellow villa fans on here is not a new trend. You are correct, I have not spent time in his luxurious sandbanks company, he may love the club, but he is not or could never influence the club short of a very negative online presence based purely on the fact he was snubbed. He has called the villa management liars. He may not be wrong, but it is sour grapes, he would swap places with them in a heartbeat. He is very publically, a doosh. (that is phonetic)

????

But the original post was that his opinion carries some clout, because of up until recently who he mixed with - and as a businessman he may be able to read the signs more readily than those who don't move in such circles. I don't agree with his opinions on Klinsman, or share his confidence that a deal is close. But I sure keep an eye on what he is saying....

It does actually, try Little India on Old Christchurch Road.

• Like 1

Jesus - He was a local businessman and until very recently took a seat in the villa directors boxes. I can't bevel you can dis all that because he lives in Bournemouth ?

I think you need to check your facts HH junior has lived in the Bournemouth area for years. His father who is just as much a self publicist as his son splits his time between the UK and Malta but does not live in the Midlands. Both are Villa fans but don't know neatly as much as they like to pretend they do.

Happy to be wrong on this.

But I thought at least one of them made his millions in the funeral businesses around Birmingham - and I thought he was the one who wrote the original Hodgson report. ?

& don't forget to leave a tip. ;)

omariqy - look, you could bash

And this is where having been a Bournemouth resident comes into play - it is a weird place, you have many self interested business men, they all have something to say about the wider world, they all have a boat (woah, my mind is so blown!) but they all like to live in their little bubble. Brummies, true brummies are for real, we have culture, Sandbanks has only money and folks with no moral compass and a desperate need to self promote. F*ck em.

Can I finish my curry first? ;)

omariqy - look, you could bash

And this is where having been a Bournemouth resident comes into play - it is a weird place, you have many self interested business men, they all have something to say about the wider world, they all have a boat (woah, my mind is so blown!) but they all like to live in their little bubble. Brummies, true brummies are for real, we have culture, Sandbanks has only money and folks with no moral compass and a desperate need to self promote. F*ck em.

I think I can agree with you on this bit

& don't forget to leave a tip. ;)

Nah, now way, no freakin way, does that qualify as a curry house, are they open 24/7? I used to live on that road, they have homages to many cultures in this world inculding the only black bar that is deemed acceptable in one of the most facist parts of england - Bournemouth sucks, on so many levels. HH is very much at home.