Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Ki isn't an holding midfielder. Although I think he'd be a good addition.

Ki isn't an holding midfielder. Although I think he'd be a good addition.

He breaks up play and carries the ball forward. He isn't a traditional holding mid, more of a modern one.

I must say don't remeber seeing him break up play much whilst playing for Sunderland, I think a lot of their fans thought that one of his problems was that he can sometimes be a bit of luxury player who's heart isn't always in the game.

Maybe I haven't seen as much as others. He carries the ball forward extremley well though. I think if we go for deep lying midfielder it'll be someone who's speciality is winning the ball back from the opposition and then playing it simple to someone else.

The Krypton Factor's Gordon Burns has tweeted this...

@mrgordonburns: Good news. Aston Villa reported to be interested in taking Ashley Young back from #ManUtd . They'd pay £7m. Grab it Utd. Great deal!

Anybody think we are signing players with one eye on challenging for promotion the season after this one?

doubt it. I think the two year deals are just the most basic efforts at protecting ourselves from losing them next year. None of this players we sign will be hear if we go down. 

who is ki?

Ki Sung-Yeung, 25yr old CM at Swansea (loaned to Sunderland last season too).

He's a very competant midfielder, good passer, can dictate play and take good set plays.

Would be very happy if we signed him.

(twitter rumours abound about him)

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 2

The Krypton Factor's Gordon Burns has tweeted this...

@mrgordonburns: Good news. Aston Villa reported to be interested in taking Ashley Young back from #ManUtd . They'd pay £7m. Grab it Utd. Great deal!

Hmmm... Would have him back for sure, can't see us paying the wages though, or being able to attract him to be honest. Teams like QPR would get him before we do. 

I always thought Ki was an attacking player at Celtic but when we played Sunderland at home last season he lay very deep, ran the midfield and was the best player on the pitch.

Indeed. And people who watch more football than I have hours free in the day tell me he did that week in week out. He'd be a massive signing for a club of our current level, our Xavi esq quarterback.

I always thought Ki was an attacking player at Celtic but when we played Sunderland at home last season he lay very deep, ran the midfield and was the best player on the pitch.

Indeed. And people who watch more football than I have hours free in the day tell me he did that week in week out. He'd be a massive signing for a club of our current level, our Xavi esq quarterback.

Now if only we could find a Busquets esq player to hold it all together