Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

I say we would get 3m for those players

Luna, Bennent, Hutton around a million each. 

Sylla about 500k 

50p for Herd and Stevens - buy one get one free

If we could have got anything for Hutton, even some club to take the clown off our books we would have.

We won't get anything except a dent in the budget for another years salary.

I say we just keep him on for what it would cost to cover his salary and if we have a massive problem at RB chuck him back in,

Edited by rodders0223

I completely forgot Enda Stevens was still here, thought we'd sold him last season! What sort of contract did McLeish give him?

One of the left backs will stay probably Bennett as we can't afford Bertrand full time. Think Luna will go back on loan to Spain.

Has Guy Medel not been linked with a move away from Cardiff yet?  He'd be just what the doctor ordered for our midfield.

Would cost far too much.

I still think someone like Rincon on a free from Hamburg would do a similar job in the midfield. Don't think he's signed for anyone yet and we must have looked at him.

Think you can add to that list players he probably wouldnt want to sell but for which we may receive offers

Vlaar

Weimann

Gabby 

Delph

Are some who spring to mind any one or more of them could be off too

That lot should raise another 500k or a million to add to his remaining money

Well, if he hadn't wasted money buying them in the first place he'd have more to spend, no? 

peanuts in the grand scheme of things were spent on that lot.  Money he had to spread as thinly as possible and take chances with as he couldnt afford to go buy the guaranteed performers.  He needed to fill many places you see

• Like 2

Bertrand - 4m

Ashley Young - 4m

Amalfitano - Bosman

Nilton (Brazilian DM) - 2-3m

Should be enough, maybe add 1 or 2 loans too and we would have a good team, plus a decent bench.

I'd want to see the likes of Senderos, Clarke, Delph (or Westwood), Gabby, Weiman, Grealish on the bench

Think you can add to that list players he probably wouldnt want to sell but for which we may receive offers

Vlaar

Weimann

Gabby 

Delph

I think Lambert would snap the hands off anyone who made a bid for Gabby or Andi TBH

Edited by P3te

Vlaar

Weimann

Gabby 

Delph

Doubt we'd receive an offer for Gabby given his wages. Similarly, Weimann was found out a bit last season and needs another season of progress before other clubs will be interested.

The other two, absolutely. I can see some serious interest in Vlaar (although, i've noticed an increasing trend in clubs waiting for players to see out their contracts before jumping rather than paying the 1yr left transfer fee. I guess this suits both the player (who will receive inflated wages, and the buying club).

Delph, I'm not sure exactly who will come in for him. The obvious suspects like Liverpool, Spurs, Everton have more than enough CMs...so I think that leaves the likes of Southampton and moneybags QPR...as depressing as that sounds.

Bertrand - 4m

Ashley Young - 4m

Amalfitano - Bosman

Should be enough, maybe add 1 or 2 loans too and we would have a good team, plus a decent bench.

I'd want to see the likes of Senderos, Clarke, Delph (or Westwood), Gabby, Weiman, Grealish on the bench

In what universe do you think we have that much to spend without sales 

Despite Young having a pretty poor few seasons, you wouldn't get him for anywhere near 4m. 8m minimum i reckon

And I wouldn't give you more than 2m for Bertrand after his showings last season

Bertrand - 4m

Ashley Young - 4m

Amalfitano - Bosman

If you double your offer for Bertrand Chelsea might accept it.