Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Bojan Krkic, once upon a time Barcelonas biggest talent wants a loan move to the premiar League. Are we interested? I would personally have him on the right flank!

Damaged goods and I doubt physically and more importantly, mentally strong enough to play in the PL. Just like Dos Santos and Vela off the top of my head.

Not that he would ever come here though.

Lambert always likes to get his business done early. Not holding out much hope for anything major at this stage.

To be fair, we did make our most expensive signing on deadline day last summer.

And benteke was signed late in the window the year before

Lambert always likes to get his business done early. Not holding out much hope for anything major at this stage.

To be fair, we did make our most expensive signing on deadline day last summer.
And benteke was signed late in the window the year before

Give u the first one but Benteke was signed late because Lambert only took over that summer. Lambert himself says he likes to get business done early. Obvs there are going to be 1 or 2 but i dont think it will be anything major

This will be one of the worst transfer windows since we signed Gilles De Bilde on loan.

i can remember worse ones that that ,  ones where we just failed to push on from a position of strength or where we sold our best players and didnt replace them from a position of strength.

But i agree i am not optimistic for too much quality strengthening this window

The summer after we nearly got relegated with GT. We signed Sorenson and McCann, two of the most depressing signings from one of the most pathetic relegated teams in history, Sunderland.

It was looking bleak as ****. We finished 6th. :)

The summer after we nearly got relegated with GT. We signed Sorenson and McCann, two of the most depressing signings from one of the most pathetic relegated teams in history, Sunderland.

We took Phillips from them too

We took Phillips from them too

Not that year, from Southampton IIRC.

My thoughts on transfers... I´d try to bring in Tomas Rincon (CDM) on a free transfer. Has played a couple of years for Hamburg and is a international player for Venezuela. Also would like us to sign Hiroschi Kiyotake for midfield, I hope the rumours coming out from Japan is right. Other than that I´d like a LB, maybe try for Bertrand again on loan later in the window? 

I guess Kiyotake and Rincon wouldnt cost the world in wages and Kiyotakes transfer sum is rumoured to be around 3,5 m euros.