Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Does anything think we can beat another premier league team to a signing at the moment? Maybe Burnley?

Have we actually been in competition with anyone? It's all just rumours
I mean in general. Do we have a chance of signing players rival teams are interested in? Edited by Amo69

The mirror has an article stating lambert only has £10m to spend this summer, including wages...

we're fast becoming a laughing stock....

imo we still need at least a left back, defensive midfielder and an attacking midfielder.

hopefully, if the rumours of bent going to turkey are true, lambert will receive the transfer fee.

Does anything think we can beat another premier league team to a signing at the moment? Maybe Burnley?

I mean in general. Do we have a chance of signing players rival teams are interested in?

We don't compete with rival teams. We get our players from obscure leagues where no one else is looking. Wigan 2.

I mean in general. Do we have a chance of signing players rival teams are interested in?

We don't compete with rival teams. We get our players from obscure leagues where no one else is looking. Wigan 2.

We've signed Joe Cole and Philippe Senderos this summer. 

To be fair, there are players at this World Cup that look half decent and would no doubt cost little in terms of transfer fees or wages. Let's hope Lambert and Co are seeing them and taking note.

Barry got offered a three year deal. thats madness. even if we matched the wages.. crazy to offer 3 year deal to a 33 year old. Great deal for Gareth

• Like 1

Don't think rival teams were interested in them.

If we by some miracle get a few £ to spend fron Lerner i think we should look at Gary Medel from Cardiff.

As they were relegated he probably won't cost that much (more than nothing thou) and he would do a job for us offering something different from the midfielders we have now.

He's not the best player by any means, but he works hard and is a nightmare to play against.

And no Im not just bringing him up because Chile had a good World Cup

Edit: Just saw Cardiff payed £11m for him so he might be way way way out of our pricerange after all...

Edited by sne

Don't think rival teams were interested in them.

No, sure, but they're hardly obscure figures that you need an encyclopedic knowledge of world football to have heard about.  

Edited by HanoiVillan

Leroy Fer and Nathan Redmond please

Not going to happen with them being contracted to Norwich - they still bear a grudge against Lambert and the club and will not entertain dealing with us.

I expect Pilkington who will available on a free and an offer for Bendtner