Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

I can't see us buying 5 players of that quality/cost. Holtby, Barry and Bertrand is realistic imo. Bertrand £5m, Holtby £9m, Barry for free. I'd be happy with that. Putting a halt on purchasing squad fillers and bringing in that much needed experience.

Barry would be more likely to stop at Everton, we defo need 4 quality players no more squad fillers

if you pay barry more than everton he would join,this goes for 99% of players,since the "new project" started of playing 10k a week etc this is the reason why we have lost 17 games this year..it wont be fixed by coaching.its a money game & the chairman is not willing to play the game.

its a down ward spiral,i can see the ST lower next year & lower gates so less funds = sub standard players.

• Like 1

I can't see us buying 5 players of that quality/cost. Holtby, Barry and Bertrand is realistic imo. Bertrand £5m, Holtby £9m, Barry for free. I'd be happy with that. Putting a halt on purchasing squad fillers and bringing in that much needed experience.

Barry would be more likely to stop at Everton, we defo need 4 quality players no more squad fillers

if you pay barry more than everton he would join,this goes for 99% of players,since the "new project" started of playing 10k a week etc this is the reason why we have lost 17 games this year..it wont be fixed by coaching.its a money game & the chairman is not willing to play the game.

its a down ward spiral,i can see the ST lower next year & lower gates so less funds = sub standard players.

I would prefer 2 top class players rather than 8 muppets

If you think about it, gate receipts don't really come into it.

If we were to average 40k over a league season at an average of £30 per seat, that would bring enough revenue to pay 1 player just under £40k per week.

So, in terms of supporter expectations, it's nothing.

*forget this. My rather nice bottle of 2008 Bordeaux is clearly working wonders on my maths, as you could pay 10 players just under £40k, so they are relevant.

Sorry!

Edited by thetrees
  • Like 1

If we were to average 40k over a league season at an average of £30 per seat, that would bring enough revenue to pay 1 player just under £40k per week.

*forget this. My rather nice bottle of 2008 Bordeaux is clearly working wonders on my maths, as you could pay 10 players just under £40k, so they are relevant.

Sorry!

When you think about it, 10, 40k players a week and not even taking into consideration tv, advertising, merchandising etc etc. Why the heck do we not have a pot to piss in?

Sorry!

When you think about it, 10, 40k players a week and not even taking into consideration tv, advertising, merchandising etc etc. Why the heck do we not have a pot to piss in?
Cos there treating us like idiots

Basically trying to get top half finishes with budget players

Wow. Umm no.

More bullshit PR from Villa. Suddenly were after good players again.. is it because the season tickets sales are low? Probably.

Were not even safe why would we move in for these players. Sure we may have a plan for surviving however I don't for one minute believe these links. Telegraph are usually good with these stories.. they wouldn't publish them without hearing something. In my opinion we have leaked this out to create 'buzz' and to try sell tickets. Randy wont be next season and neither will Paul.

So whoever takes over will have their own ideas. This is just PR. Thanks Villa PR.. Almost as bad as our first team. First they bring us the AskBennett campaign.. then the free gear to that random celebrity and now this.

This club needs a complete overhaul ASAP. Gabby stop talking shit and save us this week. Earn your keep.

• Like 1

We couldn't afford Holt by on loan last time...

Interesting query though; which camp are you in on as regards spending a budget as it as come up in a few threads? Do you spend all the money on one, two or three players but risk them being injured with kids for back up or do you spread the 'bet' with more lower quality players?