Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Ideally I think we need more than one. One who can be creative from central midfield like a Milner type (As in the Milner who played for us) and then someone who plays between the midfield and striker similar to Silva or someone like that.

But speaking ideally we'd be signing an whole lot of players.

linked with Finnbogason again other week according to here but not seen this article in this thread!!

http://talksport.com/football/villarreal-trump-aston-villa-and-west-ham-ps10m-striker-chase-14031483463

Aston Villa and West Ham target Alfred Finnbogason is on Villarreal's radar.

The La Liga side are hoping to trump the Premier League pair in the race for the Heerenveen star, who has scored 59 goals in 80 league appearances during his career so far.

Finnbogason has enjoyed another prolific season this time around, with 23 in 29 appearances in all competitions and the Iceland international is hot property.

Clubs across Europe are keen on the hitman, 25, with Villa and West Ham hoping to do business.

However, it has now emerged that Villarreal are in the running to sign the former Helsingborgs star, who is rated at around £10m.
Edited by Villan4Life

I still think we should go for Hakim Ziyech! i mentioined him last December

20 years old, potentially a free in summer due to contact issues.

Check his left foot, Attacking Mid! 8 goals, 9 assists and cracking in 42 shots this season!

• Like 1

Like I've said loads by now we cant spread the cash around on loads of players it dilutes quality and we have a squad now.

Agreed. Lambert's built a pretty useful first XI now, if we had 3 or 4 more first team players then we will cope much better and top 10 would be secure. Our problem has been relying on squad players like Baker having to be first XI players too often but hopefully Okore and Vlaar will be luckier with injuries this year. We just need to focus on one or two with attacking flair and a bruiser in the midfield, plus Bertrand. I'd still like us to go for Hoolihan because he's good value. I'd love to see Richards given a go in our midfield but there are wage issues there. Then a couple of Lambert's more upmarket spots from Europe would be nice, rather than the chancy £1-2m players.

Richards is on a mega deal at City so no chance of him coming here, he'll probably leave City and if Everton get CL can see him ending up there. Or Spurs.

I agree he's probably on big bucks so not for us, but I can't see him going to Everton and playing second fiddle to Coleman. Spurs maybe. High risk signing though IMO, he's not played regular football for a loooong time, I'd steer clear.

• Like 1

Only player to replace benteke is benteke. His brother Johnathan scored a cracker the other day my word! Talent runs in the family.

Edited by KSV

Only player to replace benteke is benteke. His brother Johnathan scored a cracker the other day my word! Talent runs in the family.

I don't know about replacing Christian, but I'd certainly swap him out with Jordan Bowery.

Richards is on a mega deal at City so no chance of him coming here, he'll probably leave City and if Everton get CL can see him ending up there. Or Spurs.

I agree he's probably on big bucks so not for us, but I can't see him going to Everton and playing second fiddle to Coleman. Spurs maybe. High risk signing though IMO, he's not played regular football for a loooong time, I'd steer clear.

Coleman will be eventually taken by one of the top 4 if Everton don't make CL sooner or later imo.

In any case I could see Richards playing CB at Everton (not that I rate him very much in that position) as Distin is 36 and Jagielka is also in his 30s so replacements are needed there sooner or later.

That would be a really good test for Martinez how he replaces those two.

• Like 1

Take this with a pinch of salt, but it does come from an associate in Liverpool who rarely tells me stuff, but what he does tell me normally comes close to the truth.

Apparently Gareth Barry will turn down a three year contract at Everton in favour of a 4 year contract at the Villa, with Everton supposedly offering £75k per week.

Doesn't sound like the new Villa to me, but who knows?

Edited by thetrees

He has turned down a pay-rise to leave City so you never know he may be one of these mythical footballers we've heard about in legend who actually cares more about playing than his wallet.

What a pay rise from 100k a week to 120k a week?

How will he ever cope :)

Take this with a pinch of salt, but it does come from an associate in Liverpool who rarely tells me stuff, but what he does tell me normally comes close to the truth.

Apparently Gareth Barry will turn down a three year contract at Everton in favour of a 4 year contract at the Villa, with Everton supposedly offering £75k per week.

Doesn't sound like the new Villa to me, but who knows?

That would have us taking Barry on until he is 37. I can't see that happening personally, but I guess we'll see.