Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

If Sunderland go down we should try and get Adam Johnson.. He's a good player just in a naff team.. Would be nice to have a technical winger in the squad who can run at players!

I'd love to see us sign Johnson. But then I'd also like us to keep hold of N'Zogbia and give him a run in the team

Is there any good young tricky wingers in the mold of Adam Johnson in the Championship who we could get for anything up to £4m? (I only really get to watch us nowadays... Screw you work!)

What about Kazenga for Brighton? I saw him play a couple of games last season and he looked pretty good but for all I know he can have been a turd this season.

If we are picking off any relegated teams I would try to look at Kasami or Kačaniklić from Fulham, Dæhli from Cardiff or Johnson from Sunderland if cheap. Holtby or Sigurdsson is probably going away. Another random one would be Omar Elabdellaoui from Braunschweig. I have seen very little off him in the bundesliga so some might know more but I really like the look off him. Fast right back with pretty technical feet, if he has progressed abit since I have seen him I would expect him to be very cheap considering they are going down this season as well.

We need 3-4 quality players who are ready now and proven at this level. Absolutely no point in going out and buying 5-6 "helinius,bacuna" type signings who are not going to improve us. we simply cant go another year of scraping by

Course we can. It's a year of not scraping by that I'd be worried about.

Adam Johnson? Do me a favour. We don't play wingers in our 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 formation.

As a wide striker he doesn't score enough and is inconsistent.

A BIG no from me.

Zaha 5m - Dream on.

Holtby would be a good buy for us but I fear being out muscled in midfield if we get a player of his size.

Moses might be a good shout, I haven't seen him play enough though.

Adam Johnson? Do me a favour. We don't play wingers in our 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 formation.

As a wide striker he doesn't score enough and is inconsistent.

A BIG no from me.

Zaha 5m - Dream on.

Holtby would be a good buy for us but I fear being out muscled in midfield if we get a player of his size.

Moses might be a good shout, I haven't seen him play enough though.

Not saying we should try and sign Adam Johnson, not worth the money imo.

But this season, playing as a winger he has scored 7 goals, Gabby and Weimann have combined for a total of 6...

Edit: Make that 8...

Edited by sne

I don't think Johnson would be willing to move this far south tbh, he went to Sunderland to be closer to his home, he has hardly sparkled at sunderland either, the highlights of his career was coming off the bench for man city when they were 3-0 up.

Adam Johnson is too inconsistent to be worth the transfer sum and wages he'd be on.

I thou like the idea of a player more in the style of Johnson rather than Weimann/Gabby in the wide role

I think for the wide forward system to work the players must be much more intelligent and technical than Gabby and Weimann (who i consider as central strikers)

• Like 1

I think Jason Puncheon at Palace would be a good replacement for Weimann.

I was guest at a few Southampton games a few years back, saw 6 games and in each he was dire.

Step over, get clear, blast over. Repeat.