Midweek football 17/20 Feb

andykeenan

19-02-2014-GifNumber-159.gif

I'm not sure it was a terrible penalty, more often than not straight down the middle goes in.

the execution of it though, if your putting it down the middle, it needs to be with power, looked like he tried to nonchalantly chip it then changed his mind and ended up doing neither.

i agree, with that run up unless he sells neuer he's never scoring with that pen, he's trying to get neuer to move, when he doesnt he's got nowhere to go, he's that big even if ozil went for the bottom corner he'd struggle to generate the power to beat him

love the booing of robben! get nailed, gets the keeper sent off, must have done something wrong...

19-02-2014-GifNumber-159.gif

I'm not sure it was a terrible penalty, more often than not straight down the middle goes in.

the execution of it though, if your putting it down the middle, it needs to be with power, looked like he tried to nonchalantly chip it then changed his mind and ended up doing neither.

I think he tried to make the keeper think he was blasting it low and to the right. He very deliberately looks at that side of the goal before he kicks the ball.  I stick to my original point, more often than not those penalties go in. 

Â