Midweek football 17/20 Feb

andykeenan

I'd still rather play like Swansea do than we currently do. Everton employ a similar strategy and they are going great guns.

In which case I guess you could put it solely down to the quality of players.

Swansea often dominate possession and play what many would describe as enjoyable football, we play with very little possession most of the time and play what many would describe as hoof ball. Funnily enough though both teams are on level points.

Its all about balance between the style of play and making that style actually win you games so it seems. That balance also seemingly comes when teams improve the quality of their players.

If we went out and tried to play like Swansea we would still be in a similar league position IMO, in fact I'd go as far as saying we would be worse off because the majority of our players are not good enough to make that style of play succeed.

Edited by samjp26

What's your point?

If we're going to be battling at the bottom every year, it'd be better to see us have the ball a bit rather than the stodge we watch.

Swansea got into the the Premier League for the first time ever in 2011, doesn't seem right that they are already playing stuff at a quality level we can't reach in terms of performance :(

Â