Midweek football 17/20 Feb

andykeenan

Love Barca's style, some hate it. Just opinions .

I'm with you.

It seems to be the cool thing to do these days, to hate the way Barcelona play.

For me it's mesmerising.

Edit: oh and Busquets is a marvellous player, for whoever was slating him earlier.

Edited by Stevo985

It seems to be the cool thing to do these days, to hate the way Barcelona play.

I don't think it is at all. A few years ago it was cool to watch them. Think most people got bored. I've never found it entertaining, it sends me to sleep. 

Edited by PieFacE

didnt see the game but think penalty was outside box and when heard red card the name Demichelis quickly sprang to mind. probably would have been a tighter game with Aguero fit

It was outside the box, but I don't think it was a terrible decision.

It was one of those where the foul starts outside the box but ends up in the box. Right on the edge.

I think by the letter of the law you could argue it was a right decision because the contact carried on into the box. Think there's something about that in the rules.

Anyway, Demichelis had a shocker, that was a fitting end to his night.

On this point, when does "good football" become boring?

As Villa fans, we've been moaning forever and a day about our style of football. We all wished we passed it more, kept possession more, were more comfrotable on the ball, had better movement etc.

Barcelona are the absolute pinnacle of that. Yet most people on here seem to hate watching them?

Edited by Stevo985

I'm in the 'love' camp. Barcelona were a joy to watch last night. I really like how they never panic even when crowed by 2 or 3 players, they have the confidence to get out of the situation and awareness that there must be some space elsewhere and shift the ball to it.

Anyone who thinks that type of football is boring should probably find a different sport to watch.

I'm in the hate camp, and i'll extend my hatred to the Spanish National team aswell.

What an individual may, or may not, find entertaining is very much down to personal taste. Barcelona play like a child on Fifa constantly bashing the 'x' button. They play a game of patience, which more often than not pays off. But I don't find 'Xavi to Iniesta to Xavi to Messi to Xavi to ....' particularly entertaining when it's stretched over 90 minutes of football. So good are their attackers that they don't even seem to create that many clear cut opportunities, but just take extra care to finish the odd few chances when they come along. 

• Like 1

I preferred them a few years ago and now find Real Madrid more exciting. Commentator said last night that pre-match Barca were moaning that the Nordic referee would favour the aggressive English style. Pathetic. 

Demichelis is just a fat Darren Peacock

I felt bad for Demichelis as the game began. Commentators mentioned him and you could sort of hear the crowd,... not getting on his back but being a bit frantic when he got the ball. Thought he was getting some unfair stick.

But he did have a really crap game last night. The red card topped it off. He was awful all night.

Â