Midweek football 17/20 Feb

andykeenan

i think a lot of people cant look past the antics whenever you mention busquets, pedro too

both really good players, who are undoubtedly cheats, which somehow makes them shit...

Busquets is very fortunate to be at Barcelona mind. I'm not particularly convinced he's that much better than Barry, Carrick etc. I particularly enjoyed his contribution when they played Bayern last year.

People seem to have an enormous amount of praise for sideways passing CM's.

Did you just compare him to Gareth Barry?

And how is fortunate to be at Barcelona? He would have excelled at any club. The managers of club and country don't have to consistently pick him.

He's fortunate in that he's at a club and country who are filled with incredible ball playing midfielders. Wouldn't be the same anywhere else. As a DM there are just much better options IMO, he's not as good technically as say Pirlo, and he's hardly the ball winning type. He's somewhere inbetween and doesn't excel at anything.

(I still think he's a very good player he just gets praise that is way above what his game is about)

i think a lot of people cant look past the antics whenever you mention busquets, pedro too

both really good players, who are undoubtedly cheats, which somehow makes them shit...

Busquets is very fortunate to be at Barcelona mind. I'm not particularly convinced he's that much better than Barry, Carrick etc. I particularly enjoyed his contribution when they played Bayern last year.

And how is fortunate to be at Barcelona? He would have excelled at any club. The managers of club and country don't have to consistently pick him.

He's fortunate in that he's at a club and country who are filled with incredible ball playing midfielders. Wouldn't be the same anywhere else. As a DM there are just much better options IMO, he's not as good technically as say Pirlo, and he's hardly the ball winning type. He's somewhere inbetween and doesn't excel at anything.

(I still think he's a very good player he just gets praise that is way above what his game is about)

you serious?

he does far more off the ball than pirlo, id say he does more off the ball than probably any other midfielder i can think of

look at who barca could have bought, or even who spain could call up to replace him, and yet neither do

toure got sold and mascherano moved to CB in order to play him

Again Valdes with a good stop, surely he has a good 3 or 4 seasons left in him if he stays in good health. Some team will be very lucky getting him

i reckon monaco, he'll be on £100k+ a week

If not more, I think he could easily go to a better team though to be honest, maybe even Citeh

you serious?

he does far more off the ball than pirlo, id say he does more off the ball than probably any other midfielder i can think of

look at who barca could have bought, or even who spain could call up to replace him, and yet neither do

toure got sold and mascherano moved to CB in order to play him

I look at it totally different

Look at who Barca could have bought at CB after last years collapse, they got Neymar. They're not really interested in moving with football they want to keep trying to play their way and Busquets is a part of that. Busquets was also part of the reason Barca got humiliated last year, if they meet Bayern again it'll happen again, because of that Busquets philosophy they have.

Â