JohnCresswell

Most Improved?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Most Improved?

• Olof Mellberg
    • Gareth Barry
    • Gabby Agbonlahor
    • Wilfred Bouma

Before dissaperaing (what has gone on there?) it was Ridgewell, no doubts - the bedrock of our unbeaten run, things have never been quite so tight at the back since being dropped IMO.

Can we have an option for him please?

Boomer by a country mile.

offered very little last season due to injuries and settling in.

Started very tentatively this season but is now looking a very decent left back.

Ridger has not played enough for me to win this - he's only played a handful of games

Wilfred Bouma, no doubt. I think I've said before that he's looking more and more like a natural fullback now, and he's convinced me that a new left back will not be a priority in the summer.

Look up the word 'consistent' in the dictionary and you'll find a picture of Freddy Bouma.

From overweight often injured loser to consistent premiership battler. I've lost count of the amount of times I've shouted "nice one freddy" this season.

As it is too late to add Ridgewell, if you wish to vote for him, post his name here and I will add it to the list at the end.
Put me down, John. For Ridgewell that is. I haven't considered Bouma because I think he was perfectly OK last season anyway, apart from being out injured and taking ages to get back.

I think more than anything Wilf's confidence has increased incredibly and his performances with it. He has definitely cemented his place in MON's plans and deserved his international call up. Good on him!

I'm so heartened by the fact that most others have voted for the only option that makes sense. Gabby didn't EXIST last season in the 1st team enough to quantify improvement. Barry was as good as he is now, and Olly hasn't quite hit the heights through various reasons.

I think Tommy Sorensen might have been an option...

Â