The Boring Thread

Spoony

My bathroom windowsill spider (Graham) has gone walk about, and I don't know where he's gone. I asked my kitchen windowsill spider (Edward), if he'd seen him, but he didn't answer. It's spider mating season, so probably off sowing he wild oats.

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

My bathroom windowsill spider (Graham) has gone walk about, and I don't know where he's gone. I asked my kitchen windowsill spider (Edward), if he'd seen him, but he didn't answer. It's spider mating season, so probably off sowing he wild oats.

I've liked this post because it made me laugh, but I'm tempted to unlike it because you let spiders stay in your house!?

giphy.gif

• Like 1

There's an episode of VT fave Peppa Pig where the dad calmy explains that spiders are harmless little fellas.

Skinnylegs_3198644c.jpg

But every time they show that episode in Australia they get like 13,000 kids die from talking to that toilet spider that shits wasps eggs in to your eyes.*

* all facts are my own.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

Watching the Celtic game, standard is so, so low.

Scott Sinclair just drifted past 3 players and then toe poked it past the keeper at about 4mph, it hit the inside of the post and came out towards to other post where he was able to get on the end of it and put it into the empty net (his second of the half)

Its like a 5-a-side with your mates :lol: 

The first big National Lottery winner, Mukhtar Mohidin, who won £18m in the early days of the lottery, was buried last month in an unmarked grave.

I naively thought that if you bought something from a website, it would more or less ship directly to you from where you bought it (obviously via the odd depot).

I ordered a laptop the other day and so far it has done the following journey (thanks to the UPS tracking site):

Shanghai, China --> Incheon, Korea --> Anchorage, Alaska --> Louisville, Kentucky --> Newark, New Jersey --> Philadelphia, Pennsylvania --> Cologne, Germany

Left Cologne this morning. Who knows where it will go next?!

Call me crazy, but would probably have been quicker to go the other way...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I naively thought that if you bought something from a website, it would more or less ship directly to you from where you bought it (obviously via the odd depot).

I ordered a laptop the other day and so far it has done the following journey (thanks to the UPS tracking site):

Shanghai, China --> Incheon, Korea --> Anchorage, Alaska --> Louisville, Kentucky --> Newark, New Jersey --> Philadelphia, Pennsylvania --> Cologne, Germany

Barking, UK is the answer.

I'm guessing I'll have it tomorrow.

21 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

http://www.zdnet.com/article/why-your-ipad-comes-via-anchorage/

This kinda interested me (off topic), but it looks like it's just clever logistics. Quicker maybe to go the other way for your one product, but much quicker and cheaper for many packages to take the slightly odd route.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

http://www.zdnet.com/article/why-your-ipad-comes-via-anchorage/

This kinda interested me (off topic), but it looks like it's just clever logistics. Quicker maybe to go the other way for your one product, but much quicker and cheaper for many packages to take the slightly odd route.

Cool!

For everyone waiting with baited breath, it subsequently went to Castle Donnington, then Tamworth and is now out for delivery to my flat in Sutton Coldfield.

We can all sleep easy tonight.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Cool!

For everyone waiting with baited breath, it subsequently went to Castle Donnington, then Tamworth and is now out for delivery to my flat in Sutton Coldfield.

We can all sleep easy tonight.

What laptop you ordered? I'm tempted by these very high spec but oddly branded Chinese laptops for crazy cheap.

Like this

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/v4-jumper-ezbook-3-pro-notebook-now-at-16492-only-email-only-price-gearbest-2789767

1 minute ago, Genie said:

What laptop you ordered? I'm tempted by these very high spec but oddly branded Chinese laptops for crazy cheap.

Like this

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/v4-jumper-ezbook-3-pro-notebook-now-at-16492-only-email-only-price-gearbest-2789767

Macbook Pro.

I'm wary of those super cheap Chinese products. Some of them are probably fine. My sister likes to get that sort of thing and has been stung a few times though. Bought a couple of things that are utter garbage

51 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Macbook Pro.

I'm wary of those super cheap Chinese products. Some of them are probably fine. My sister likes to get that sort of thing and has been stung a few times though. Bought a couple of things that are utter garbage

Cool thought you'd have gone for a Mac, just the tracking from China threw me. Is it a grey import? (In which case you need to be careful of the warranty). I'd assume stock would have been available in Europe somewhere?

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

Cool thought you'd have gone for a Mac, just the tracking from China threw me. Is it a grey import? (In which case you need to be careful of the warranty). I'd assume stock would have been available in Europe somewhere?

It's just a normal one ordered directly from Apple.

• Like 1

Â