Valentines Day

AVFCLaura

My favourite day of the year is just 2 sleeps away. Yippee. :wub:

I've always loved Valentines Day, whether single or in a relationship, I just think it's ace.

Some of my earliest memories include my mum driving me to where my crush lived when I was about 10 and I ran out, quickly put a card through his letterbox and ran straight back to the car, blushing.

I'm awaiting the onslaught of moaners here (on Villatalk, surely not...) but does anyone have any nice plans for this Friday?

I'm away all week, but home on Friday and we've both got the day off.

Plan is that we see the kids off to school, out nice n early for a big builders breakfast at a local caff on a trading estate (no, really). There, with a mug of tea (and no washing up) it's catch up with a week's news and chatter. Suitably fortified we'll probs hit the local discount designer village place then home an hour or two before the kids get back.

There will be no cards, no flowers, no chocs. We both agreed long ago that all that bollix is a rip off on and around the 14th. The flowers thing gets done at random days throughout the year, not through duty and norm on the dates set out by Clinton Cards and Tesco.

• Like 1

8pints can relate

tumblr_lwwkmnjGrP1qzdi59o1_500.jpg

Because I'm young, bright and attractive? Or because I have those shoes?

Haha. My fella is 6'7" and I'm 5'3. You're never too tall for love. ;)

Thank you but this always happens where someone will stick up for me but their pro-heightest example is someone who is still smaller than me :D

And then at times it's followed with "Oh you're that tall!? Well, I don't know in that case then" :)

Although actually, I'm not that much taller than your fella.

SHAQ-AND-HIS-LADYFRIEND-01-1312918941.jp

Don't be bringing Shaq out again :) He's actually taller than me though so maybe it's a good move. And don't nobody make the 'bringing out' jokey misenterpretation that I meant physically bringing him out on a trip somewhere.

• Like 1

Somewhere along the line, Valentines Day became almost completely about the women, and pleasing them. Seems like they just sit back and let the guys sweat it out, running around trying to do this, get that, reserve this, etc. And be original. Or traditional. Or both. Just don't screw it up. 

None of this applies to me personally however, because I'm happily single :D

And if I did have a girlfriend, she'd have to view this holiday with the same level of contempt that I do!

Edited by maqroll

Whats romantic about being forced to be romantic at the whim of card manufacturers?

Generally men think of Valentines Day as a chore, generally women are the ones who get the hump if its forgotten or they aren't satisfied with the outcome of the day.

Totally bogus day

• Like 3

Â