Rogues Gallery

LancsVillan

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Thanks.

We like "hello beautiful" as a reference to great design.  We believe that everything we do has to be beautiful, whether it's designing a collection or the layout of an invoice.  It's the idea that anyone who works with us is saying "hello beautiful" to whatever we create for them.

It's on the back of our business cards in various languages too, as a bit of an icebreaker.

Cheers for the explanation.

I get the phrase now you've explained it (and thus I can see how, as an icebreaker, it works) but does it work if you haven't got that explanation (and as an opening to the promo video)?

2 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Cheers for the explanation.

I get the phrase now you've explained it (and thus I can see how, as an icebreaker, it works) but does it work if you haven't got that explanation (and as an opening to the promo video)?

Usually people ask us when we give them the business card.  For the video, we address it at 2:13 - but it's a good question.  We've never really had anyone question it to be honest.  It's always just been accepted.

It's nice to have things questioned though.  That's part of why I put it on here - get peoples eyes on it who aren't part of our industry.

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

Usually people ask us when we give them the business card.  For the video, we address it at 2:13 - but it's a good question.  We've never really had anyone question it to be honest.  It's always just been accepted.

It's nice to have things questioned though.  That's part of why I put it on here - get peoples eyes on it who aren't part of our industry.

Sure. That I've questioned it and others haven't probably says more about me than an issue with that message. :)

I certainly wasn't trying to pick holes, Rob. It was just what stood out for me.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Sure. That I've questioned it and others haven't probably says more about me than an issue with that message. :)

I certainly wasn't trying to pick holes, Rob. It was just what stood out for me.

I didn't see it as picking holes at all mate.  I'd rather you asked me than someone I'm trying to pitch to.  I'm grateful for any and all feedback.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

From an architecture and retail shopfitting sort of angle I'm currently dealing with a few design / creative / concept types around the Shoreditch and Clerkenwell areas.

From what I've seen over the last 2 years, I'm not sure you've really got enough skateboards or exercise bikes in your office.

Just a little tip for free there. ;)

Really good, really. Fascinating, your 'obvious' modus of a network around the world that don't actually sit in the same office. We've got one decent sized Client that after two years has just agreed to trial a meeting via skype rather than all driving to a city for a one hour meeting where invariably somebody says they don't have 'x' information with them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

Thanks.

We like "hello beautiful" as a reference to great design.  We believe that everything we do has to be beautiful, whether it's designing a collection or the layout of an invoice.  It's the idea that anyone who works with us is saying "hello beautiful" to whatever we create for them.

It's on the back of our business cards in various languages too, as a bit of an icebreaker.

It does sound a bit Leslie Phillips/Swiss Tony, though... ;)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

From an architecture and retail shopfitting sort of angle I'm currently dealing with a few design / creative / concept types around the Shoreditch and Clerkenwell areas.

From what I've seen over the last 2 years, I'm not sure you've really got enough skateboards or exercise bikes in your office.

Just a little tip for free there. ;)

That is well jackson.

• Like 1

On 21/02/2018 at 10:05, NurembergVillan said:

My business partner and I had this video made to help promote our company, and our new website.

<Curls up into ball awaiting incoming tomatoes>

Cool video bro!

Can I be ultra picky, and say that at just past the minute mark when your business partner is actually saying what Spark is, he's shaking his head and shrugging his shoulders. It makes him look like he doesn't believe what he's saying, a bit like I do when my wife asks me if I know what time it was when I got in late!  A great idea though, look forward to hearing more about it when we catch up next!

• Like 2

On 21/02/2018 at 10:05, NurembergVillan said:

My business partner and I had this video made to help promote our company, and our new website.

<Curls up into ball awaiting incoming tomatoes>

Were you and Ian Robathan separated at birth ? 

Edited by tonyh29

2 hours ago, Risso said:

Cool video bro!

Can I be ultra picky, and say that at just past the minute mark when your business partner is actually saying what Spark is, he's shaking his head and shrugging his shoulders. It makes him look like he doesn't believe what he's saying, a bit like I do when my wife asks me if I know what time it was when I got in late!  A great idea though, look forward to hearing more about it when we catch up next!

He's way less comfortable than me when it comes to this sort of thing.  Funny, as he's great at delivering a live presentation in front of an audience.  He's just not into the whole video interview thing.

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

He's way less comfortable than me when it comes to this sort of thing.  Funny, as he's great at delivering a live presentation in front of an audience.  He's just not into the whole video interview thing.

I guessed that was probably the case.  He was also probably trying to work out what Benny from Crossroads had just said as well! :trollface:

Â