Rogues Gallery

LancsVillan

Nice clobber, can't beat an Indian wedding. Out of interest, do the fashions date in the same way that western gear does? You look at most peoples' wedding pics after about 30 years and they are hilarious. [1]

[1]I got married 29 years ago.

*Cough* Pakistani wedding *Cough*. :-)

Yeah big time. What I wore on the first day (the gold cuffs) is classed as an indo-western suit. Basically a modern take on the Sherwani - which is the traditional clothes a groom wears at a wedding. Basically a tailcoat suit in the style of a Sherwani.

I did wonder about the Indian/Pakistani thing. I was using "Indian" in the sense of geographical area, i.e. the subcontinent. Like Ireland is in the British Isles. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :D

Smoking in doors!?!? Didnt realise that was still possible in Yankee land?

It varies by state (and possibly by counties/cities within states)

800px-US_states_smoking_bans.svg.png

261px-Smoking_ban_key.svg.png

Of the 60 most populous US cities, all but 18 do ban smoking in restaurants and bars except: Arlington, Texas; Atlanta; Fort Worth; Indianapolis; Jacksonville; Memphis; Miami; Las Vegas; Nashville; New Orleans; Oklahoma City; Philadelphia; Pittsburgh; San Antonio; St. Louis; Tampa; Tulsa; and Virginia Beach.

Massachusetts' smoking ban (the tobacco farmer exemption is because Western Massachusetts is one of the top tobacco-growing regions of the world (especially for tobacco used to wrap cigars))

Â