Rogues Gallery

LancsVillan

Though perhaps we should ask Laura, ME, etc. to use their gaydar at some point over the next month

We examined heterosexual women’s accuracy in judging male sexual orientation across the fertility cycle (Study 1) and found that women’s accuracy was significantly greater the nearer they were to peak ovulation. In contrast, women’s accuracy was not related to their fertility when they judged the sexual orientations of other women (Study 2).

Increased sexual interest brought about by the increased likelihood of conception near ovulation may therefore influence women’s sensitivity to male sexual orientation. To test this hypothesis, we manipulated women’s interest in mating using an unobtrusive priming task (Study 3). Women primed with romantic thoughts showed significantly greater accuracy in their categorizations of male sexual orientation (but not female sexual orientation) compared with women who were not primed.

The accuracy of judgments of male sexual orientation therefore appears to be influenced by both natural variations in female perceivers’ fertility and experimentally manipulated cognitive frames.

Thought it was about time I updated. I am loving geek chic at the moment, got some new Derek Cardigan glasses. Jason Bradbury and I are offically siblings. He tweeted me back when I posted him this pic. :)

302023_10150905098825055_798465054_21444706_1269398375_n.jpg

untitled-1.jpg

Beautiful as always my dear. And definitely keep rocking the glasses because they are sexaaaay. I love glasses. I have a few pair even though I don't need them. *I am...a weirdo*

Beautiful as always my dear. And definitely keep rocking the glasses because they are sexaaaay. I love glasses. I have a few pair even though I don't need them. *I am...a weirdo*

Awww, thank you lovely. Glad you are also rocking the geek chic! Hope you are well. :)

Wish I didn't need the bins and only wore them for fashion, I am BLIND.

Wish I didn't need the bins and only wore them for fashion, I am BLIND.

Me too.

-10 in 1 eye.

-11 the other.

Contact lenses are my saviour. :)

You win. Crikey... Mine aren't that bad, but I can't so much as go to the bathroom in the night without my glasses on, based on that prescription I would imagine you are the same.

I love lenses but I have astigmatism in both eyes, have tried some 20+ different kinds now and always struggle with the fitting. I have a pair I am the most happy with but I still cannot wear them for work. Nightmare.

Me and my brother pulling our most serious faces for lovely wedding photographs.

menjak.jpg

Me looking confused at having to share photo space with my mates missus who is a blues fan. (check out the fat dudes overhang in the background)

menpeeps.jpg

Â