Weekends football 18/19 Jan

andykeenan

I really like Rafael, think he's going to be a top class RB but he is very undisciplined.

He's already peaked.

Disciplinary issues still dog him. If I was Moyes I would sell. Why put up with that drama?

there are 2/3 areas that need strengthening 1st

i also think that at the moment good full backs aren't growing on trees, and he's definitely going to need a left back, they'll chase shaw and baines in the summer and i dont think they'll get either

RB, not sure who there is, maybe de sciglio or montoya if he doesnt sign a barca deal but even then there is a likelihood that arsenal will buy a top RB in the summer too

or they might just stick with rafael  until that varela is ready to have a go

Yeah, Raphel is fine. If they were winning he wouldn't have any issues with losing his temper. They are only 1 or 2 players away from top 4 really, get their two best players back and they will win more than they lose. 

To be a top 4 side you need more than 2 world class players amongst ordinary players.

50 pts a season is bog standard. Not only that, Utd's bog standard are getting to the age where they need replacing. Big transitions are difficult.

They will be able to do it and it should be fun and exciting again because they will have to go with a whole bunch of young talent.

But it's not going to be a quick job.

Yeah, Raphel is fine. If they were winning he wouldn't have any issues with losing his temper. They are only 1 or 2 players away from top 4 really, get their two best players back and they will win more than they lose. 

To be a top 4 side you need more than 2 world class players amongst ordinary players.

50 pts a season is bog standard. Not only that, Utd's bog standard are getting to the age where they need replacing. Big transitions are difficult.

They will be able to do it and it should be fun and exciting again because they will have to go with a whole bunch of young talent.

But it's not going to be a quick job.

I think you are underestimating them. You don't need more than 2 world class players to finish top 4, the teams finishing 4th the last few seasons haven't had a whole team of world class players. 

This side finished twelve points clear of second place last season. They have enough talent to compete for 4th, they are just struggling with the transition at the moment and have their two best players out. They won't challenge for the title with out more investment but they don't need a whole new team, that's silly. 

If world class means a player has the ability to excel at the highest level (ie, Champions League, World Cup, Euros etc) then you could make an argument that Metesacker & Koscielny are a world class central defensive partnership even if neither leaps out individually.  It's crazy to think that almost a quarter of the goals Arsenal have conceded this season have been scored by us. I think most people would agree that Ozil, Ramsey & Carzola all have the ability to dominate games at any level of football and of course, Nicklas Bendtner is the best centre forward in England. 

People who think "world class" means the best player in the world in their position are **** idiots.

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 1

Adebayor will not have an easier afternoon's work than he had against Swansea today, will he?  If Eriksen and Dembele had played him in instead of hilariously missing then he could have had a four goal haul.  I'm sure Laudrup will admit after the game that Swansea probably should have marked him. 

Are they going to give Sherwood the job ? Seems to be doing really well

He already got 18 month contract, so I guess they're gonna look if any big names are available in summer and replace him if suitable is found.

Alan Hansen, what a clearing in the woods.

What did you expect him to say?  He played 600+ games for Liverpool, most of them as captain.  He is about as red as they come. 

Â