Weekends football 18/19 Jan

andykeenan

Alan Hansen, what a clearing in the woods.

What did you expect him to say? He played 600+ games for Liverpool, most of them as captain. He is about as red as they come.

Again he refers to Suarez's dive as "clever play". Wtf is the bbc agenda on this !

To be fair, he never said it was right. It was clever play from Suarez. It got them out of jail. It was also cheating. Hansen admitted this by saying he didn't get touched.

It was clever play.  He bought the penalty. I don't think he would have got it at Villa Park, I don't think we would have got it if it had happened down the other end yesterday but it wasn't a swan dive like Ashley Young did against us at Old Trafford. 

I'm sure you have seen this by now, everybody into football probably has.   Neville is right about diving of course and even though I'm not sure I agree with it's how things should be, that doesn't stop me from accepting it's the way things are.  Suarez did what he got paid to do when he went down but I do reserve the right to be annoyed about it. 

• Like 1

that dive is not about Suarez. it's a general to all strikers in that situation. they so often look to buy penalties and wrongly get keepers sent off instead of doing the rounding the keeper and slotting home skill.

a keeper should be able to touch an on-rushing striker and not give a penalty away (and usually be sent off). right now that seems impossible and unfair to keepers.

you can understand why the strikers do go down rather than try to score. you could soon be playing against 10 men and you still get an 80% chance of scoring from the penalty spot.

Â