Worst ever Villa game

Spoony

Not wanting to be a Negative Nancy or a Glass-Half-Empty Graham, but the 'Greatest ever Villa game' has been a great read for me as I'm too young for a lot of the games mentioned and it's nice to learn some fan experiences of the club.

So by the same token (and because there is bugger all else happening) I wonder what everyone's worst game as a Villa fan has been? I'll go in for the obvious and say for me it has to be the 8-0 reverse at Chelsea. I couldn't look a football fan in the eye for days after that and I've never been so low as a Villa fan. I couldn't even look at the score in the paper or anything.

I'd be interested to hear of some further back than that!

There's been a lot to pick from lately, but the 0-3 at home to Wigan still gives me nightmares

I picked this because despite the hammerings we've had before, invariably they have come at the hands of teams much better than us, but to see Wigan, **** Wigan completely destroy us was the worst day of my life as a villa supporter.

Edited by Jimzk5

Any of the defeats to Wigan at home. 0-2 in 2006, 0-2 in 2009, 0-3 in 2013

So glad they're down, I'd probably pick the 2006 one, people spent the entire second half banging on their chairs, I'm sure some of you will remember it :lol:

Losing to Bradford over 2 legs tops everything for me.

At least with the Chelsea loss we were losing to one of the best teams in Europe and not an average league 2 team.

Edited by Adam_
  • Like 1

3-0 to Birmingham - was just hell going into school the next day as a 12/13 year old, I can still remember the feeling of anger/dread/sheer hate. The 2-0 reverse wasn't much better either.

We had a 'beat up a Bluenose' day at school after that. People were genuinely punching noses in the stomach for being a nose :lol:

With it being in Solihull, there was plenty of beats being dished out 

• Like 2

The 7-0 and 8-0 against chelsea were bad but then its a multimillion pound squad but for me its probably bradford at home, there was no tactics that night it was unbelievable chucking 4 strikers on at the end just absolutely embarrassing and desperate. 

I've not had that feeling i had after that game before and i hope i never do again it was incredibly weird.

2000 FA Cup Final was a tough one. We didn't even turn up to play, just to defend and hope we sneaked a goal.

Bradford at VP last season was probably the worst. Even though we 'won' the game, to be surrounded by Bradford fans at FT celebrating was sickening.

Also the Stoke game after the Moscow debacle in 2009. 2-0 up heading into injury time, and the Clayheads score two in a couple of minutes. Things Might have been different if we'd have won that game.

• Like 3

3-0 to Blues when Enckelman let the ball under his foot, going into school in Acocks Green the next day was torture.

0-3 at home to Chelsea, was about 10-15 years ago couldnt tell you exactly when, we had Steve Stone n some other headless chickens running round in midfield. Ive picked this game as we were genuinely played off the park from start to finish and it sticks in the memory for me.

2000 FA Cup Final was a tough one. We didn't even turn up to play, just to defend and hope we sneaked a goal.

Bradford at VP last season was probably the worst. Even though we 'won' the game, to be surrounded by Bradford fans at FT celebrating was sickening.

Also the Stoke game after the Moscow debacle in 2009. 2-0 up heading into injury time, and the Clayheads score two in a couple of minutes. Things Might have been different if we'd have won that game.

I'd buried that game into the back of my mind. I remember when Carew scored that worldy the commentator said 'and that surely secures the win for Villa' and I thought it was cursed. Sure enough, it was.

Recently the Wigan 0-3 from last season. I walked out of the Holte with 10 minutes left, never left that early before no matter how bad the performance.

One from years back that sticks out was the embarrassment of losing 1-4 at home to Coventry in 1999 when our title hopes were blowing up.All the other recent ones have been covered.

As it has not been mentioned before, although we didn't lose, the 2-2 game against Small Heath a few years back when Stern John scored in injury time was an absolute sickener. Battered them for 65 minutes and could of been about 5 up.

• Like 2

yeah i remember that cup game too, the bastards running on to the pitch

the 4-0 away to man city was shit, we didn't look interested in the slightest, fair few of the defeats under mcleish can be added to that, home games where we were happy to lose 1-0

Â