Chelsea - 8 Villa - 0

Villa - 0 Tottenham - 4

Villa - 0 Wigan - 3

Swansea - 2 Villa - 2

Bradford - 3 Villa 1

Villa - 0 Southampton - 1

West Brom - 2 Villa - 2

Villa - 2 Bradford - 1

Worst period in our history? I've never experienced anything darker at this club. How Randy had the guts to stand behind Lambert after that I'll never know. Even now I'd still be supporting a decision made to sack him directly after that.

Chelsea 8 Villa 0. The most humiliating day in our history and the day Lambert should have been shown the door. Instead he was allowed to stay and fester at our club thanks to an incompetent chairman who doesn't give a flying toss about us.

The 3-2 defeat Old Trafford. Sat with the United fans and watched as they all went absolutely crazy scoring 2 in the last 10 minutes including that 90th minute Macheda winner. Coming so close to seeing us win at Old Trafford, not being able to celebrate any of our goals and watching us throw it away surrounded by United fans. Horrible afternoon.

Recently the 1-2 home loss to Bolton was horrific. Scoring and being so jubilant to despair only minutes later. The atmosphere was toxic as well for that last 25 minutes when we barely created anything and at the final whistle the hatred for McLeish was out of this world. It was probably the closest I've ever come to accepting that we were going to be relegated.

Recently the 1-2 home loss to Bolton was horrific. Scoring and being so jubilant to despair only minutes later. The atmosphere was toxic as well for that last 25 minutes when we barely created anything and at the final whistle the hatred for McLeish was out of this world. It was probably the closest I've ever come to accepting that we were going to be relegated.

Yup, same for me. It was my birthday as well, making it all the more enjoyable...thanks Big Eck.  ^_^

To be honest, all matches under McLeish. When he was manager it got to the point where I wasn't going for the football anymore, just for a social day out, and I would typically get so drunk that I didn't have to remember the football. 

2000 FA Cup Final was a tough one. We didn't even turn up to play, just to defend and hope we sneaked a goal.

Bradford at VP last season was probably the worst. Even though we 'won' the game, to be surrounded by Bradford fans at FT celebrating was sickening.

Also the Stoke game after the Moscow debacle in 2009. 2-0 up heading into injury time, and the Clayheads score two in a couple of minutes. Things Might have been different if we'd have won that game.

I'd buried that game into the back of my mind. I remember when Carew scored that worldy the commentator said 'and that surely secures the win for Villa' and I thought it was cursed. Sure enough, it was.

It was worse than that, Jonathan Pierce said something like, "surely Villa are on their way to the Champions league", and it all unravelled from there. That game was so one-sided there were pigeons strolling about at our end for most of the first half. Stoke offered nothing. My dad still goes on about the 88th minute being cursed to this day, even if we were 3-0 up he would be crapping himself until we get past the 88th minute!

Would have to say the 4-4 with Leicester as it was the first game I traveled over to in Villa Park. Went with my Dad who is a Leicester fan. We were sat in the Trinity Road Stand and it was all going so well lol. 13 minutes to go and then out of nowhere we just fell apart, felt sorry for the oul boy sitting in with all the Villa fans and he wanted to jump around and go mental but he managed to keep his emotions in check.  

Leicester proved to be a bogey team for us and it wasn't until my 5th trip to a Villa - Leicester game that I saw us beat them.   

Was gonna say the Stoke 2-2 sticks in my head till today, and the commentator on MOTD announcing we were "surely" on our way to the champions league, that game was probably worse than any other including mcleish and lambert losses.

I was supposed to be meeting someone at 5 that game, watched until Carew scored are second, was chuffed, turned off the computer and headed off. When I got there people were saying terrible luck and how bad it was, I was like we won 2-0! When I saw the score I knew it was all over. Especially after sending a bunch of kids to play there way out of the UEFA cup that week.

That, for me, is the game our club fell apart. Martin O'Neill has an amazing record of leaving clubs and them turning into shit after, but our decline started before he walked

Enckleman's OG against Small Heath. Enough said.

Our FA Cup final loss to Chelsea. We never looked up for it.

0 - 3 at home to Wigan last season. I've not seen a more inept display - though we have come close a few times this season.

Bradford 3-1 is the worst I've seen. To lose to a side 3 divisions lower isn't acceptable, to do it in a Cup semi is just ridiculous.

Least favourite I've attended would be Liverpool 1-0 defeat a few years ago. Rain, snow and freezing temperatures and lose in the 90th minute. 

Villa 2 - Stoke 2.  That's where it all started to unravel.

If I was at Villa Park that day, I may feel the same way about this match. However the fact I was sat at Kensington Oval, watching England play the West Indies at cricket, in Barbados at the time, my memories of that game are probably nicer than most! The final score upset me for 5 mins, then I had another rum and cheered up.  

Â