The VT writers cove...

Dodgyknees

A girl on tinder asked me to tell her a story so I wrote this while hungover and sent it to her. A couple of months later I was still seeing her and she presented me with the story illustrated in a little book. I imgurred it today to see if it was as fun as I thought. Voila: http://imgur.com/gallery/rJMv0

The story is stupid, but I think the illustrations are quite funny

edit: Updated the link

Edited by YLN
  • Like 3

90% of fiction writers I know aren't writing enough. It's hard and lonely work, and most give up LONG before they get anywhere. I started publishing in my mid-20s but didn't get a book deal until I was 48 years! Was just too stupid to give up. That helps!

Edited by Plastic Man

I like writing, but I just don't have the application to stick at it. Same with music, and pretty much everything I've ever done. I've still got all my school reports, and they all say the same thing, from 5 to 18.

I'm hoping to get some of my short stories published at some point in the next few years.

They all deal with a horror theme set within a slightly skewed reality (a bit like living in the Black Country really)

I enjoy writing them and if nothing ever comes of it then i'll be OK with it, but it would be nice to get something in print.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

It's certainly lonely but I think it helps if you a group of peers that you can present your work to on a regular basis. That may be through local writing groups or poetry/fiction nights in local pubs. Having that kind of structure will spur you on.

Trouble is finding people whose opinion you value. Usually that means taking on a course of some kind or befriending the local bard.

90% of fiction writers I know aren't writing enough. It's hard and lonely work, and most give up LONG before they get anywhere. I started publishing in my mid-20s but didn't get a book deal until I was 48 years! Was just too stupid to give up. That helps!

Tell us about your book deal and your books :) .

My Dad has just sent his first crime fiction novel to be published (self published). He's hoping after 39 years in law enforcement he may be able to spin a decent yarn!

Edited by Xela

Tell us about your book deal and your books :) .

My Dad has just sent his first crime fiction novel to be published (self published). He's hoping after 39 years in law enforcement he may be able to spin a decent yarn!

PM'ed you!  :ph34r:

A girl on tinder asked me to tell her a story so I wrote this while hungover and sent it to her. A couple of months later I was still seeing her and she presented me with the story illustrated in a little book. I imgurred it today to see if it was as fun as I thought. Voila: http://imgur.com/gallery/IAau7

This link took me to a screenshot of a Counterstrike game with the chat in a foreign language.

Is this a joke I'm not getting?

A girl on tinder asked me to tell her a story so I wrote this while hungover and sent it to her. A couple of months later I was still seeing her and she presented me with the story illustrated in a little book. I imgurred it today to see if it was as fun as I thought. Voila: http://imgur.com/gallery/IAau7

This link took me to a screenshot of a Counterstrike game with the chat in a foreign language.

Is this a joke I'm not getting?

Ah right... no I deleted that entry and reposted it with a different title. And then put it on reddit. I'm new to 'the internet'. 

This is the new link: http://imgur.com/gallery/rJMv0

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 10 January 2014 at 09:08, DK82 said:

Any writers here?

We've got a readers digest thread, but I wondered if we have any writers here? I have four books on the go, with another 3,200 in my head.

Ouch.

Currently working on a book for kids, one for teens and one that would interest adults..

I better not get bits mixed up, I'm not sure Tommy, aged 5, will want to read about a young girl who sets up her teacher, kills him, then goes missing.

So, writers, throw those pens in the air... .NOW!

Reading back through old threads from before I was a member. Thought I would check in with this one. Are the writers of this thread still active? 

I used to write daily, in screenplay format. Many years of drug use / decent grasp of English / creative hyper focus leads me to having a two draw filing cabinet in my home of random scribblings right through to many unfinished screenplays. I think as many as 28 but yes none completed. I used to just write, enjoyed it, but didn't know what to do with it. One time when feeling productive I bought Final Draft and Scrivener, still have it, never use it, but want to. 

I work long hours but that gives me between three and four days off per week yet find myself in a lul of late and have been meaning to pick this up, then I see this thread and it reminds me of my will to restore this abandoned hobby. Ironically, I'm packing up to move in about two weeks and an hour ago looked through it wondering if I should bin it and couldn't. So made a pact with myself to play less FIFA or FM etc in down time and get writing again, weirdly then saw this thread. 

Does anyone else have a problem actually finishing something? Or is it just me... I have all the books, Blake Snyder, Sid Field etc maybe should read them. I understand the beats, the need for a treatment etc... But by understand, it doesnt sink in but I guess that's what the books are for, reference. 

Bit random, but worth a punt. Any VT'ers write in screenplay format?

He was known by many as Limpid from Villatalk*, but that hasn’t always been his name. When you live for more than one hundred centuries, you go by many names.

The opening line from my book. 

*Name changed as it'd give away the title. Which I like. It is mine. Mine. MINE.

21 hours ago, DK82 said:

He was known by many as Limpid from Villatalk*, but that hasn’t always been his name. When you live for more than one hundred centuries, you go by many names.

*Name changed as it'd give away the title. Which I like. It is mine. Mine. MINE.

Hats off sir. This neglected / abandoned hobby of mine I'll pick up soon. I'll post more when I have some progress. I am the king of procrastination. 

On 26 October 2016 at 01:05, DK82 said:

I thought this was an extract from interview with a vampire 

• 6 years later...
Â