Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

Seems awfully petty all this.

I think Hoolahan cannot get a game for Norwich because he is maybe a luxury they cannot afford, in contrast he'd be good for us especially at home.

I think Hughton is a decent guy and he'll likely keep them up but to be honest they are lucky to be in the PL because there are so many bigger clubs at lower levels such as Notts Forest, Leeds, Sheff Wed, Sheff Utd, Leicester, Wolves, Coventry, QPR...

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

If Norwich want to keep Hoolahan, that's their prerogative. They don't have to sell. They don't need to sell.

Much like Benteke at the end of last season. If a player puts in a transfer request, they can be convinced to retract it.

I hope we have other targets in the pipeline, and I'm sure we do.  

Surely this isn't the only attacking midfield player we could get.

This! Would rather we just moved on and left them paying his wages, seems a dime a dozen AM to me surely lambert must have other options
A dime a dozen? Go on then name, decent AM with premier league experience fairly cheap and would likely come..

Doesn't seem too far fetched to suggest there will be plenty of attacking midfielders around the world that could do a job for us on a par with a 31 year old player who cant even get into the Norwich side to be honest, i'm not the one with a scouting network.

Name 3 of them then.

Kagawa joined Dortmund for €350,000, Michu Swansea for £2 million and Arteta Everton for £2 million.

Wes Hoolahan is obviously not the only attacking midfielder in the world that could do a job for us, as I said I don't have scouting network. So don't really see how my knowledge of world football players is relevant in the slightest.

• Like 1

This! Would rather we just moved on and left them paying his wages, seems a dime a dozen AM to me surely lambert must have other options
A dime a dozen? Go on then name, decent AM with premier league experience fairly cheap and would likely come..
 Doesn't seem too far fetched to suggest there will be plenty of attacking midfielders around the world that could do a job for us on a par with a 31 year old player who cant even get into the Norwich side to be honest, i'm not the one with a scouting network.
 Name 3 of them then.

Kagawa joined Dortmund for €350,000, Michu Swansea for £2 million and Arteta Everton for £2 million.

Wes Hoolahan is obviously not the only attacking midfielder in the world that could do a job for us, as I said I don't have scouting network. So don't really see how my knowledge of world football players is relevant in the slightest.

Name 3 of them then.

So you've done a bit of googling and posted us some figures and then again stated that there's got to be more AM. Lambert has said (and others) that goos AM's are like gold dust, everyone wants one. Dont moan if you can't come up with a viable other option. You are just whinging.

We should/and hopefully have moved on. This is Wes fooking Hoolahan from Norwich fooking City :)

and wow someone on Their  site calling us a slime ball club LMFAO - Ur club and petty little inbreads. Get over Lambert FFS!!!!!!!!! CLOWNS!!!!!

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/3057065/ShowPost.aspx

I wonder whether a manager has geuninely found a player from Football Manager? Probably would never admit it if they had.

Everton paid Sports Interactive to get their data earlier than anyone else, so I'm sure it's contributed.

It's not a bad idea to be honest.

I don't think any player should ever be signed PURELY on football manager. 

But if it's a case of "There's some 16 year old in Uruguay who's rated ridiculously highly, go and watch him for a month and see how he plays" then it's not totally ridiculous.

• Like 1

We should/and hopefully have moved on. This is Wes fooking Hoolahan from Norwich fooking City :)

and wow someone on Their  site calling us a slime ball club LMFAO - Ur club and petty little inbreads. Get over Lambert FFS!!!!!!!!! CLOWNS!!!!!

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/3057065/ShowPost.aspx

I think that it is cute that they take VillaTalk so seriously.

Smithy, after what Lambert did for Norwich, surely you don't believe that we were the first club in for him?

Not the first club no but the first one he saw as a step up.

He supposedly had talks with Burnley at one point and was linked with West Ham and refused to distance himself from speculation, presumably using it as leverage to get a better deal/more funds from the board.

Lambert did great things for us, it was a mutually beneficial arrangement and these things come to an end but one of the things I don;t miss is worrying our manager will be off every time a managerial vacancy comes up! We don;t have to worry about that now of course with good old cautious Chris which is both a blessing and a curse at the same time!

Your happy with a manager that wouldn't want to better himself?

Its like saying I don't want the club to do well in case the manager then leaves.

Norwich are being pathetic in this if as stated they will sell but not to villa, its petty playground stuff and rather embarrassing.

Smithy, after what Lambert did for Norwich, surely you don't believe that we were the first club in for him?

Not the first club no but the first one he saw as a step up.

He supposedly had talks with Burnley at one point and was linked with West Ham and refused to distance himself from speculation, presumably using it as leverage to get a better deal/more funds from the board.

Lambert did great things for us, it was a mutually beneficial arrangement and these things come to an end but one of the things I don;t miss is worrying our manager will be off every time a managerial vacancy comes up! We don;t have to worry about that now of course with good old cautious Chris which is both a blessing and a curse at the same time!

Your happy with a manager that wouldn't want to better himself?

Its like saying I don't want the club to do well in case the manager then leaves.

Norwich are being pathetic in this if as stated they will sell but not to villa, its petty playground stuff and rather embarrassing.

I'm happy to have a manager who I think has genuine integrity, wants to build up all areas of the club and won't jump ship at the first sniff of a slightly bigger club coming along yes. In that respect Hughton has always been a good fit for us, particularly when a spell of stability was needed after Lambert. its just a shame his tactics and mentality are so conservative and boring that on occasions I can't bear to watch us play hence would quite like him to be sacked now.

I actually agree with some of the points the Norwich fans are making on their site.

We are giving this signing too much importance, and should have moved on long before now.

Who says we haven't? The only people whinging are Norwich. Last week PL was asked about bringing in an AM and he even stated it was difficult so he would be moving onto other areas.

I wonder whether a manager has geuninely found a player from Football Manager? Probably would never admit it if they had.

Everton paid Sports Interactive to get their data earlier than anyone else, so I'm sure it's contributed.

It's not a bad idea to be honest.

I don't think any player should ever be signed PURELY on football manager. 

But if it's a case of "There's some 16 year old in Uruguay who's rated ridiculously highly, go and watch him for a month and see how he plays" then it's not totally ridiculous.

By why would the guys at Football Manager know about that kid and people working in football didn't?

I would be surprised if FM has a vast global scouting network which is better equipped than the professional clubs. It would be far easier to just randomise the top prospects than actually try and discover and predict them for real.

So you've done a bit of googling and posted us some figures and then again stated that there's got to be more AM. Lambert has said (and others) that goos AM's are like gold dust, everyone wants one. Dont moan if you can't come up with a viable other option. You are just whinging.

Everyone except Norwich that is, considering they don't actually play him!

Â