Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

1. #NCFC subs v @FulhamFC: Ruddy (GK), van Wolfswinkel, Fer, Hoolahan, Becchio, Ryan Bennett, Jacob Murphy.

2. #NCFC team v @FulhamFC: Bunn; Whittaker, Martin, Bassong ©, Garrido; Fox, Johnson, Snodgrass; Redmond, Josh Murphy, Elmander.

On the bench

Woohoo another over 30 short term deal. We're going places.

Joking aside he's better than what we have but also that's quite depressing.

When was the last post you made that was saying something positive mate?

Supporting Villa seems to be getting you down, I hope you have some other interests that are more positive to balance this out. 

• Like 1

Supporting Villa seems to be getting you down, I hope you have some other interests that are more positive to balance this out. 

not far of the truth though is he?

There is nothing to be positive about though regarding Aston Villa unless the wage bill decreasing makes you happy.......

What is there to be really positive about? The football we play? The players we have? The signings we may make?

Give me something positive and I'll post about it. But at the moment its one joke to the next. From out played against lower league competition to signing another shit player. We're a joke.

What is there to be really positive about? The football we play? The players we have? The signings we may make?

Give me something positive and I'll post about it. But at the moment its one joke to the next. From out played against lower league competition to signing another shit player. We're a joke.

Give it a rest. ZZZZZ

Give me something positive and I'll post about it. But at the moment its one joke to the next. From out played against lowner league competition to signing another shit player. We're a joke.

Thing thing is, he isn't a shit player.

Give it a rest. ZZZZZ

Why don't you PM me?

• Like 1

Give it a rest. ZZZZZ

Negative yeah. But someone give me a positive out of the bold comments pleeeese!

Give me something positive and I'll post about it. But at the moment its one joke to the next. From out played against lowner league competition to signing another shit player. We're a joke.

Hoolahan isn't bad. He's better than what we have. I was referring to the shit we've actually signed.

he isnt very good though, but he is probably better than the other dross playes lambert has bought in

Give it a rest. ZZZZZ

Why don't you PM me?

ZZZZZZ.

Give it a rest. ZZZZZ

Negative yeah. But someone give me a positive out of the bold comments pleeeese!

Although there isn't much to be positive about at the moment, I'll try answer your question.

1 - Not been great recently, but we showed against Arsenal that we are capable of doing well against teams and playing some good stuff.

2 - We have, IMO, one of the best strikers in the league when on form, who finally scored and is starting to look like the Benteke we wanted to keep in the summer. We have, again IMO, one of the best GK's in the league. Also, Vlaar is probably our best CB we've had since Laursen. Delph has shown this season that he can be good when on form and Bacuna has been really impressing me recently. Others need to improve and are nowhere near as good as they can be like the end of last season.

3 - The transfer window isn't over. Yes, Holt is uninspiring and a transfer that you'd rather not happen, but he's not the worst signing ever. Remember players like Djemba-Djemba, Salifou and Berson have played for us within the last 10 years.

Also, consider that last season, in a much worse position, we hit form after a similar (and IMO bleaker) period. All started by a good performance and a good goal by Benteke to start off his good form, despite not winning the game. Sound familiar?

• Like 1

Holt is a little bit of an unknown, maybe a good signing a few years ago, in fact when Lambert first came in and was linked to him most on here were ok with that. 

But the facts are he has failed at a Championship club, he's had a bad injury and we just don't about his form and fitness following that injury.

Couple that with the fact we already have a fair few strikers either untried or under-performing, yes they aren't target men but most of us are quite sick of the 'hoof it to the big guy tactics'

So i'd say it's justified to not be excited.

At least Wes is a player who plays in an area we desperately need composure and experience in, he doesn't set the pulse racing but the signing makes some kind of sense. He's a prem player who isn't getting a regular game at his club but seems to be rated by his fans and has done well when he's played.

Give it a rest. ZZZZZ

I think we have players to be positive about, players that could be at this club for a while, vlaar, okore, guzan and benteke. There's also a couple of youth team players out on loan doing the business, so all is not doom and gloom. It just depends how you view it. Currently we're in that lower league which consists of 10 teams, a couple of decent players in the bracket of those mentioned above and we'll move forward.

• Like 1

Â