Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

Yes 'Gentleman' I agree that we need stability and i'm not advocating sacking Lambert yet but hypothetically speaking if Lambert was sacked there is nothing to say that another manager couldn't do better within the same budget constraints and thats my point.

And there is a bigger chance of failure given Lerner's history of appointing managers. There is no going back now, we must see it through and try to support Lambert.

Lambert has been supported though especially last season when any other set of fans would have turned on the manager with the results produced.

I don't think that sort of patience is going to be prevalent again if we lose against Palace and rightly so.

We vitally need the fans to the help team and stay behind Lambert while we are going through this bad spell. The anger does not help anybody associated to the club.

• Like 1

Yes 'Gentleman' I agree that we need stability and i'm not advocating sacking Lambert yet but hypothetically speaking if Lambert was sacked there is nothing to say that another manager couldn't do better within the same budget constraints and thats my point.

And there is a bigger chance of failure given Lerner's history of appointing managers. There is no going back now, we must see it through and try to support Lambert.

Lambert has been supported though especially last season when any other set of fans would have turned on the manager with the results produced.

I don't think that sort of patience is going to be prevalent again if we lose against Palace and rightly so.

We vitally need the fans to the help team and stay behind Lambert while we are going through this bad spell. The anger does not help anybody associated to the club.

Generally i'd agree if I could see us playing some half decent football or a pattern to our play but i've seen neither and it's been a massive disappointment for me after last season.

For what it's worth I don't believe Lerner will sack him even if we somehow fall back into the bottom three and continue to play the way we are at the moment.

Generally i'd agree if I could see us playing some half decent football or a pattern to our play but i've seen neither and it's been a massive disappointment for me after last season.

Morph, if we were playing decent football we would not be going through a bad spell currently. "Decent football" as you call it is tantamount to winning football, we need to the weather storm. I am confident we will come through this difficult period, and we will start playing some better stuff once our confidence returns. It is challenging at the moment.

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 3

It isnt the answer to panic sack no but if this horrific football and crap results for another season continues it has to be looked at, he cant keep getting away with it because we've had too many managers.

Lambert will assess it and make the appropriate changes when he can, it is difficult to change during a season. 

As much as I'm as pissed off as much as the most pissed off fan.

WE NEED A RALLYING CALL against palace.

the blame game must stop that day and a united front is what is crucial.

• Like 4

When is he going to "assess" then because by my calculations the horrible hoof tactics and absolutely dire football began after the liverpool game. Our first touch is horrific, passing horrific, composure horrific we are one of if not the worst footballing teams in the league and im certain the passing and possession stats would back me up there. If we didn't fluke the city and saints games after being completely outplayed we'd be right in th shit and the fans would be in total meltdown.

Gets 4m or 7m depending on who you ask on deadline day and what does he do? Buy a targetman. But im supposed to believe this is just temporary and were suddenly going to start playing decent football? We dont have any good footballers to play a good style and who's fault is that considering he's brought in what 10-15 players cant be bothered calculating right now but it has to be around that.

This is his team now pretty much he needs to stop getting such an easy ride.

When is he going to "assess" then because by my calculations the horrible hoof tactics and absolutely dire football began after the liverpool game. Our first touch is horrific, passing horrific, composure horrific we are one of if not the worst footballing teams in the league and im certain the passing and possession stats would back me up there. If we didn't fluke the city and saints games after being completely outplayed we'd be right in th shit and the fans would be in total meltdown.

Gets 4m or 7m depending on who you ask on deadline day and what does he do? Buy a targetman. But im supposed to believe this is just temporary and were suddenly going to start playing decent football? We dont have any good footballers to play a good style and who's fault is that considering he's brought in what 10-15 players cant be bothered calculating right now but it has to be around that.

Lambert is hardly getting an "easy ride". We are going through a bad spell.

Well i disagree, i think he's been quite lucky considering results and certain periods of his tenure so far. Had we not had an owner who hadn't paid off 3 managers in as many years he could have easily gone last winter, many of the clubs in the league would have pulled the trigger, not saying i agree with it or that we should be like those clubs but the point remains.

Lambert is hardly getting an "easy ride". We are going through a bad spell.

This bad spell seems to have been going on for most of his tenure.

Lerner needs to either back Lambert in January or consider replacing him if recent performances continue into the new year. We have one of the worst squads in the league. The likes of Baker and Herd would barely get into a mid table Championship team. I agree with the cost cutting but so much, and so quickly, is a huge risk. We need 3 players in Jan. We need a CB, a creative midfielder and a winger.

I don't want us to replace the manager but I don't think he can get the necessary results with the current squad, this season.

The past awful financial and managerial decisions of the club can't be the only reason to keep a manager....... no matter who he is.

We have focused a lot on the injuries and suspensions but when we have had our first choice team on the pitch we have still been really awful, for some reason when we did have our full attacking three in place it was all about hoof ball and we lacked width, other times we have just given the ball away or had no first touch in key areas (playing triangles at the back then hoofing it is pointless) we have also been backing off too much and giving opposition players too much room and possession.

Lambert has to look at the squad and realise what strengths we have at the moment and play to those, in truth I just don't think he has a clue what our strengths are.

And I agree with many posters, after the initial five games we have been lucky to not lose more games. Where we are now is thoroughly deserved, we really are that bad and the results are reflecting just that.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1

After reading lots of these post the theme that I'm reading seems to be that Lambert hasn't got a clue what he's doing, I thought it was just me thinking this but it's not which is worrying as Lerner will keep him until the bitter end.

As I wrote some pages back imo no point in sacking him now unless Lerner has a ready made replacement, which as we all know Lerner doesn't do plans (at least not that we can tell) so Lambert is safe for now but Villa are in dire straights under this manager.

Good (wins) results in the next 2 games will give him a break however I doubt if this awful team has a win in them let alone two, we will see. However it will be temporary relief (if the best case scenario happens) because the football under Lambert is so poor it can't sustain any momentum. Any team that doesn't use the ball and keep possession like this football we watch week in week out will never win enough games or play the type of game that makes fans want to continue to pay their money to watch.

Unless he somehow finds a way to make this bunch of poor players that he has brought in to the club play a way that's entertaining and produces decent results he is imo just marking time, although as I wrote before we will have awhile to wait until he's gone.

Risso, I am counting the last three games as the bad spell. There are two home games and six points to seize this week, we can get our confidence back with two quick fire wins.  

Risso, I am counting the last three games as the bad spell. There are two home games and six points to seize this week, we can get our confidence back with two quick fire wins.  

because we play even better at home

because we play even better at home

Turning point?  ;)