Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

Well thanks for that. I guess we'd never know without this piece of helpful information.

Haha

You seemed to have completely missed the point of my post. You spoke about Tan and Lerner as if they were actually managing their teams. Of course owners affect what goes on on the pitch but sometimes you talk about them (mainly Lerner) as if they're actually out there managing the teams.

If you don't think an owner has a massive effect on the team then I don't know what you've been watching.

Well thanks for that. I guess we'd never know without this piece of helpful information.

Haha

You seemed to have completely missed the point of my post. You spoke about Tan and Lerner as if they were actually managing their teams. Of course owners affect what goes on on the pitch but sometimes you talk about them (mainly Lerner) as if they're actually out there managing the teams.

If you don't think an owner has a massive effect on the team then I don't know what you've been watching.

Haha

Please read my posts. Of course the owner has an effect (I admitted this in the post you quoted), just not to the extent that you sometimes make out.

Hairy hands, I'm just wondering about this one thing this year: I don't understand why Lambert has gone away from how he used to manage, with regard to his teams playing a very attacking style. I remember Norwich fans saying at the end of last season that they thought part of the reason they struggled with Hughton last year is because the players preferred Lamberts "all out attack" strategy and had gotten used to it.

The Villa side of last year adhered to that, yes they conceded a lot but they were free scoring and most games were entertaining because there were so many goals and chances. This year, though, the side has played a lot more defensive, obviously it's made the defense more solid but it's come at the expense of scoring and entertainment.

So yeah, why the change to a more negative way of playing? I can't figure it out.

Edited by Rovers13
  • Like 1

Sacking the manager now will do nothing but harm the club, does anyone actually believe that Lerner has a plan? I don't as when I think of Lerner I just see a mute moron with money.

I don't rate Lambert at all, his football is awful almost as bad as the anti football Mcluess advocated. I laugh when I look back to when he arrived reading people saying he is tactically good and willing to change things during a game, well if by change they meant make things worse then yep fully agree.

The club will continue to muddle through season on season until the inevitable happens and we get relegated then the s... will hit the fan and VT will be in meltdown mode.

No chance of things going the other way and pushing for Europe and a top 4 finish those days are well and truly gone, one man is to blame for this and until he sells up we are going downwards. Who know the next owner may be much worse and we might look back at want the RL back, just like right now I would much rather have Deadly in charge than this no show owner.

• Like 1

for me it depends whos coming in to replace Lambert.

I think he has lost alot of us. We have been very patient.. even through of hte worst patches of results in our history last christmas.

This season has just been really poor football with no structure. The hungry kids that saw last year that gave us faith.. have got new contracts and are playing like shit. the hunger is gone. Add a few cheapie signings who have looked below par (tonev Luna Bowery etc and Helenius isnt even good enough to come off the bench in his managers eyes.

IMO. Its now or never. Sack him now. Bring someone in with a transfer window. Otherwise leave him till the end of the season.

There is also the underlying issue that each and every manager we have had recently has had his hands tied with no financial support from our chairman.

Were screwed either way.

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

If Villa didn't have a good manager it would be the answer. Lambert, however, is a very good manager, and over time here he will show that. Lerner (who if people turn against, that's understandable) will understand this because he's the one giving the lack of funding and won't make a rash decision.

Ha, ha.

Yeah and he has backed your claim up with 15 wins in 55 games.

I'm all for giving managers the time they need, but unfortunately since he took over, Lerner has always appointed a worse manager than the one before, and has made no exception with Lambert.  So Lambert is very much deserving of the sack, but then Lerner would have to break the habit of a lifetime and appoint somebody better.  Still, we live in hope.

• Like 1

Lambert had made such a pigs ear of the job leaving us with an even worse squad than under McLeish and if you factor in the budget constraints i'm not sure who would take the job if available.

Lerner will also have to pay more compensation to get rid of Lambert so whether we want him sacked or not Lambert will be with us for the foreseeable future.

I remember people around here wanting O'Neill out despite three top six finishes on the spin - hysteria is a funny old thing.  While I can see Villa's form isn't good at the moment I back Lambert and the team to pull through.  Given the resources Lambert has had to spend and the job he is trying to do with those resources I don't think any manager out there would be doing a better job - I'm behind him and the boys 110%.

I remember people around here wanting O'Neill out despite three top six finishes on the spin - hysteria is a funny old thing.  While I can see Villa's form isn't good at the moment I back Lambert and the team to pull through.  Given the resources Lambert has had to spend and the job he is trying to do with those resources I don't think any manager out there would be doing a better job - I'm behind him and the boys 110%.

The players HE has bought, are playing the worst brand of football imaginable.  So either the players aren't good enough, or he can't coach them properly, or both.

I agree that we should keep Lambert but I think it was a different situation with O'Neill. He had resources that Lambert could only dream of and we weren't really progressing. Not that I ever called for O'Neill's head, but he left us in a massive mess.

Mantis, can you ever contribute to a thread without getting engaged in an argument or taking offence at something?

Genuine question as every time I see your name on here you seem to be in some sort of conflict with someone. It's rather tiresome.

In answer to the thread: I genuinely don't know. I'd like to think not, but then Lambert's records just keep getting worse by the week. Does anybody know what his win percentage is? If we lose the next 2/3, this question may become irrelevant anyway.

What a load of absolute rubbish. If you'll read back through the posts you'll see that everything was fine until I was accused of "seeing things in black and white" completely out of the blue. It was completely uncalled for, a bit like this post actually.

But yes, I often contribute to threads without "getting engaged in an argument" or "taking offence at something". Unfortunately that becomes more difficult when certain posters jump into the thread purely to have a pop at me and not actually engage with the discussion. I'd like it more than anyone if people could just respond to my posts without getting in pointless personal digs or trying to point score.

Kind of ironic that you come in here moaning about the conflict yet this kind of post is exactly what starts it.

Edited by Mantis

Hairy hands, I'm just wondering about this one thing this year: I don't understand why Lambert has gone away from how he used to manage, with regard to his teams playing a very attacking style. I remember Norwich fans saying at the end of last season that they thought part of the reason they struggled with Hughton last year is because the players preferred Lamberts "all out attack" strategy and had gotten used to it.

The Villa side of last year adhered to that, yes they conceded a lot but they were free scoring and most games were entertaining because there were so many goals and chances. This year, though, the side has played a lot more defensive, obviously it's made the defense more solid but it's come at the expense of scoring and entertainment.

So yeah, why the change to a more negative way of playing? I can't figure it out.

I'm not sure that the style of football has changed too much pal, rather that our attacking 3 who were so threatening last year have been pretty dreadful so far this year.